Ajaxman DFC

Re: Slough Town v Dartford Tue 20 Feb 2024

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Taunton transfer embargo lifted.
Debt paid.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Another hard pill to swallow last night as we have improved so much as a team under TB but unfortunately lapses in concentration contributed to our own downfall, although i did feel at the time the penalty was very harsh and after watching the highlights my opinion hasn't changed.
We were always in contention in this game and a draw would have been a fair result so to come away with nothing was tough for everyone to take.
Lots of good performances last night, Luke looking good again in a central role but Olly putting in another good performance and with his two goals was my MOTM.
Nembhards red card means he will now miss a game and add that to the long injury list i feel a few additions are needed asap to see us through the busy fixture schedule we have coming up 🤞🤞

Every game since TB took over we have competed well and could easily have taken a point(s) in any of those games, but disappointingly we have been punished for every mistake. However there are clear signs of improvement and if we keep plugging away and concentrate for the full 90 minutes, we are more than capable of getting the points our recent performances have deserved. Make no mistake the players are giving it a real go and the supporters can see that and have backed them during and after each game and i've had it on good authority they've really appreciated our support during this period.

Regardless of the mess the previous manager left the CLUB in i really feel the supporters are closer to the players now than they have been for some time so NOW is the time we must ALL get behind them and do our bit. As already said they really do appreciate it and it just might make the difference.

COYD
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Thought Will was a bit harsh with Billy's effort on the penalty. Ollie's second was a quality finish and a couple of times the Slough keeper had to produce good saves to prevent us equalising.
From what I saw we gave a good performance and were maybe unlucky.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

ozymandias wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:03 am Thought Will was a bit harsh with Billy's effort on the penalty. Ollie's second was a quality finish and a couple of times the Slough keeper had to produce good saves to prevent us equalising.
From what I saw we gave a good performance and were maybe unlucky.
What did he say about pen? Haven't heard the comments.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

It’s difficult to tell as I wasn’t at the game but both the penalty decision and the straight red card seemed very harsh & poor decisions. Yes Joash did pull the guy back a bit but he never pulled him down and the guy carried on through with his run to which Rooney covered. I would never have said it was a straight red.

As for the penalty decision the guy went down so easily that you can’t say it was an out & out foul by the new winger.

Out defence really is dreadful though getting caught out far far to easily & often and this has been our major problem all season. Far to many mistake by the back line are costing us points and this is one area we seriously have to improve and strengthen for next season.

Another excellent performance by Olly Box and what a great strike from the young lad for his first of 2 goals, so calm and composed.

We really do need to pick up points from these next 3 games to get us away from the drop zone.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

I agree with you 5th, and like you, only able to tell from the highlights. Yes, there was an attempted tug on the shirt, but it didn't stop the momentum of the forward, and as you say, run was covered by Rooney. I would have thought there were grounds for an appeal, to be fair.

Similarly, I couldn't actually see a foul for the penalty. (I thought it was Wynter involved), but he was surely only putting his foot naturally on the ground for his next step, with no intention of giving away a penalty.

So, yes, I thought they were 2 very poor decisions too!

And their keeper brought off 2 excellent saves. At least now, we are creating more chances, getting crosses into the opposition and looking at scoring. Also pleased that we came back very quickly twice after going behind. So plenty of positives, but made more difficult by further injuries being picked up.

See you there!!!

COYD
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Will says he felt Billy should have done better with the penalty. 🤨
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Lars Resort wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:31 pm Will says he felt Billy should have done better with the penalty. 🤨
Did he :lol: everybodys an expert, I suppose :lol:

I don't know Wills background, he may be a better goalkeeper than Billy... but maybe he could have a go at defending 21 odd sq/yds from somebody with a free hit 12 yards away
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I’m an old imperial git but isn’t a goal 8 yards x 8 feet??
Or has Sepp Blatter or some other idiot changed the size of a goal over the years???
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

M1 South wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:31 am I’m an old imperial git but isn’t a goal 8 yards x 8 feet??
Or has Sepp Blatter or some other idiot changed the size of a goal over the years???
Well, yeah, 24 x 8 feet or 8 x 2.66 rec yards. So an area of 192 sq/ft or 21.33 rec sq/yds.

At least I remember it as 24 x 8 feet.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I can't wait to see my first Blue card. :shock:
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I also have to wonder when teams start taking a look at Olly.