Manny Adebowale (Sub)
No votes
Taylor Maloney (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 30

Dart of Herts

Re: Dover Athletic v Dartford Sat 17 Feb 2024

Post by Dart of Herts »

Well done the lads for seeing it out. Still lots of work to be done by the sounds of it but let’s enjoy the 3 points and go again Tuesday.

COYD
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Put years on me listening to the 2nd half but great for the Darts and also for NOT conceding late , should do a lot for the teams confidence !!!!!
Dorset Dart

Post by Dorset Dart »

Phew! Well done lads.

A VERY welcome 3 points. With other results going our way it does provide a little breathing space. Plenty of hard work still to do, but let's take today's result and enjoy it.
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

KentC

Post by KentC »

winning at Dover is a brilliant result even if they are not a great side.
Really happy for all, they would have been desperate to beat us.

Onwards
MickW

Post by MickW »

Well done lads and especially Tony - he deserves a bit.of luck.
So the run begins.
COYDS
rambo

Post by rambo »

Great result, hopefully we kick on
Tall Dart

Post by Tall Dart »

Best way to start 3 PTS off the french. Beautiful game.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

The Duke wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:03 pm Put years on me listening to the 2nd half but great for the Darts and also for NOT conceding late , should do a lot for the teams confidence !!!!!
You and me too!! Amazing how we can play well for one half and pretty dire in the other. Oh well, a brilliant three points and a corner turned. Other results in our favour being the icing on the cake.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Good to get the win in the end all be it very nervous, hopefully we can now turn the form guide on its head,

We are only 13 points from playoffs 😂
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

So nice to come home with that winning feeling . Not a classic by any means with two struggling sides on show but at least today we managed to get over the line .
Box opened the scoring which was well deserved after we had been on top for most of the first half .
But again we never seem to get out of 2nd gear in the second half and Terrell made some superb saves to keep us in front.
Dover were ripping us apart on the wings and the invertible equaliser came .
It seemed we would be going to be hanging on for a point until a Dover’s player hand popped up, handled the ball and we were rightly awarded a penalty which Coulson converted.

Enjoy the goals 😁.

Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Tony has turned them into a team unlike the last few years of mercenaries and loan signings, it he keeps us up , will be biggest achievement in ages.great result , hope for next year
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Huge win

I'd never thought I'd be saying that a game against Dover was a 6 pointer, but it was and the lads have shown character to get pegged back and still come out with a win, something we haven't seen this season.

Hopefully this is that bit of confidence we need there's still work to be done and points needed and we are by no means safe, but if we can pick up at least 4 points out of our next 2 then things will be looking much better.

Taunton (H) is a must win. Another 6 pointer so to speak.

COYD!!!!!!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Tony ( in whom we trust) will keep us up . Next season under a new young manager , I can see the club taking off, at last dartford fc will be going forward
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Left at 4.30pm and I thought the equaliser was imminent. By the time I got in my car it was 1-1. Then radio Kent was saying there's another goal at the Crabble. I thought 'feck it''. Was relieved it had gone to us.
I thought Coulson, Smithy, Rooney, Wynter, Box, Clifford and Terrell played well. Terrell's save early second half was outstanding. Impressed with Rooney and Box is going to be good for the Dart's. Jordan was plodding in midfield his normal assured self and Smithy is getting more game time and is improving. Unlucky not to score. I liked the look of Tom, if a little small.
But Luke stole the show and gets my MOTM.
A much needed win for the lads and a confidence booster but still a long way to go. Well done Tony and well done the lads.
COYD'S.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Paul Hurley not happy on twitter today that we have won it seems!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:33 pm
Nice to see Tony with a smile on his face for a change, he absolutely deserved that win for the crap hand he was dealt!
Last edited by Undercover Elephant on Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The psychology of thriving upon the peril of others typifies a deeply unsound state of mind. Loosely typecasted as ‘Schadenfreude’, it can be a far deeper construct employed by control freaks and sociopaths alike. Best course of action is that of indifference, much like ignoring the bully at school.
The worst and most excruciating example of this is the subject in question decrying such behaviour, effectively attempting to play the emotions of others like a marionette.

Well done to Dovre for not segregating us today. If I could give you all a lollipop I would.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

IMO over the 90 minutes we were the better side and worth the win today, albeit having to endure a few nervy moments.

We played well in the first half and were not really troubled, started the second half well but then seemed to sit back and let Dover have a decent spell when they put us under pressure. We did have a few moments of our own as well in the second half and with a positive substitution came away with a deserved win, and how good does that feel. It also takes that monkey off our back and hopefully give the players extra confidence to go and pick up some more valuable points.

With regards to the penalty, at the time it looked like handball to me as his arm was way above his head and on watching Kev's video, i don't think you can argue as it clearly shows that.

Some good performances today, Clifford can be pleased with his debut, Smith played well again but MOTM for me between Coulson and Box. Both had good games and both scored so will have a think on that.

We could still do with some reinforcements as we've been very unfortunate with injuries lately so hope Rooney's is not too bad as we already have five players on the injury list.

I think we've been so close to picking up a few more points since TB took charge as it's been very small margins. We are definitely playing better, have been competitive and always kept ourselves in with a chance in all those games so if we can keep improving, we should be ok.

KTF
COYD