Taylor Maloney (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 23

Skip

Re: Dartford v Chippenham Town Tue 13 Feb 2024

Post by Skip »

Park Life wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:30 am
Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:10 am
Park Life wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:56 am I think everyone is missing my point.
What possible good can it do at this crucial time to start slagging off the players?
We need them to drag us out of the position we are in as its highly unlikely that we will get an influx of new quality players in before the end of the season even if a new manager comes in.
Slagging them off now will not help them OR US.
No. I get your point PL. As ever, it’s a fair one from a fair person. But we can be critical. It’s human nature. This place is akin to an extension of the terraces or the bar, where much worse is said 😂 I’m not so sure anything can help them or us to be honest. Divine intervention maybe! And it’s only ONE who’s being properly singled out and deservedly so in my humble opinion. What’s more, voices are getting louder. That player does not ‘belong’ at this club. I was gob-smacked he was signed in the first place and then sodding-well retained for a second term! Most of the rest are merely, collectively, ‘guilty by association’ following regular poor overall team performances. Sadly, one stands out as being truly woeful. And, like the bar, with like-minded people, calling out piss-poor players kinda validates my feelings. But I do recognise I am a grumpy old f*cker and am in a twelve step programme to deal with it. Sadly, after watching a Darts game, I have to start at the beginning again!
I know what your saying mate and anyone who knows me will know like yourself will always give an honest opinion, but on some subjects only in the bar or on the terraces (come and ask me at Dover and you'll see :lol:) I'm not naive enough to think people won't criticise or don't have the right, I just feel with either TB in temporary charge or a new guy coming in we will need ALL the current players and imo need to stick together now. This forum is full of long standing regular fans who will be here when the current group of players have gone and the next and next...... But I'm only concerned atm about retaining our status in the NLS and if it gives us a 0.0000001% better chance of staying up backing the players that's what I'll be doing.
If the Darts do fall through the relegation trap door it certainly won’t be a quick and easy return to the NLS; you only have to recall the number of failed play off attempts (St Albans, Chippenham, Weymouth, Braintree, Chelmsford spring to mind) to regain a NL place since our relegation 10 or so years ago. So, in that respect, Parky is spot on about keeping behind the players. An extra point or goal come the end of the season could mean the difference between 20th or 21st place. So unless you have a desire for the Isthmian Premier it’s absolutely vital that the remaining faithful do actually keep the faith. I’ll be keeping everything crossed for TB.
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Nin

Post by Nin »

Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Nin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:21 pm
It's OK guys - Don't panic Mr Mainwaring - we won 1-0 last night according to the highlights package!!!!

So they have managed to change the score on the Youtube highlights, but I notice that the introductory photo is of (I assume) the away game at Bath
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

If it’s crap then tell it as it is. If it’s good then do the same.
If players who are playing poorly come on here I am
Not sure what they expect to see?? The league table is not lying we are poor this year and they are fully responsible!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I've always said that if you have a good defence the rest gets sorted out as the season goes on.
Everyone is beginning to realise that we were spoilt having Bonner and Essam the last few years and pretty good central defenders before.
What we've had from day one of this season was a lack of confidence at the back with a lot of silly mistakes thrown in.
Having Tony back at the helm hasn't improved things.
Steve Irving is now saying Tony is unlikely to take us to the end of the season . A new man will hopefully be coming in.
Personally I feel it maybe all too late. Even with 15 games left the confidence is at an all time low. We haven't seen the like for a decade.
Whoever comes in has a mighty huge job on his hands. Whoever comes in must have a lot of confidence to turn it around and a lot of contacts.
I hope we pull it off because if we don't I think the NLS will have lost a great side that will leave the division a pretty poor place. I'm not being big- headed there.
KentC

Post by KentC »

The attendance for this game was a new low. It’s hugely disappointing and soul destroying to see such little support on the terraces. Genuinely gutted to see it this way, I’ve never seen it like this for a first team game.

But what’s not being discussed or mentioned is what the hell are the board doing to help.
It’s half term for god sake, what are we doing to attract the kids, families, the huge community.
No incentive whatsoever, why not kids for a quid with a paying adult, why not under 12s free?
Why not put some energetic music on a few loud speakers , and the right music can create energy. Get the kids and families in, have some football activities on the pitch?
These are just ideas off the top of my head.
We do absolutely sweet FA to attract the young and next generation.
Why would parents bring kids to us or want to go themselves.
Why don’t we categorise some games, why is Welling united on NYD the same £16 entrance fee as little Chippenham on winters Tuesday night?
We are doing nothing to get people in the door, get new fans in.
I’m sure the music in the ground didn’t go on until around 730, it was soulless.
It’s half friggin term!!

This board who I know are immune from criticism from the majority in here have not done enough on this

Before I get all the garbage around they are supporters, they are ambitious, we’re in safe hands yada yada yada, I get that but this does not mean they can not be criticised and called out.

They are doing a horrendous job with not getting in the local community and not making games family affordable but even no ideas around reviewing pricing strategies at times.

Dowse has done immense damage but this is not a new problem it’s just coming to fruition and the board need to look at this or if they don’t have the commercial acumen then find someone to help who does.

If anyone thinks this is out of order then you’re part of the problem because you’re just giving them a free pass to continue to do absolutely nothing to help increase attendances.
I think they just hope it will get better rather than be proactive.

Tuesday was a depressing new low and they can fudge the attendance figures all they like.

I can’t believe no one has brought this up but then again it’s a DFC board love in where they can do no wrong and I’d imagine a few don’t feel comfortable being shot down.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:06 pm
It’s half term for god sake, what are we doing to attract the kids, families, the huge community.
No incentive whatsoever, why not kids for a quid with a paying adult, why not under 12s free?

Isolating a whole age group and getting them to sign up or come with an adult was always going to end this way.

What if a 16 year old lad that's not a regular wants to come to the game and bring a few mates that may be first time supporters? They'll be put off when they get to the turnstiles and get told why they can't just enter normally.

I understand the reasons why the board had to act, but it was the complete wrong decision one and attendances have not recovered since that decision was made. We've lost any atmosphere that the youth generated and now only get that when it's a big derby match. I've heard more atmosphere in the local Sainsbury's.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Probably NOT the right thread but to continue on from kentc post : been to Chatham recently when Darts away and they have signs proudly claiming to be a Community Club and are reaching out to the Schools etc and are now getting crowds of well over 1000 , recently an 1800 so they are doing many things right
I know the Chatham owner has ploughed some cash in but the whole place is buzzing and our Board could make contact , visit and learn many new lessons of the modern way to develop a football Club for ALL as without doubt ours live in a comfortable , no risk state which has after many years of stagnation has now caught up with us

I think that the new Manager appointment will be the 1st step on whether our intentions are ambitious or just comfortable ????????????
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Will Carling got it right all those years ago;
Bunch of old farts the lot of them!! And I include the Dover & Maidscom boards in that category also!!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

My old club, Bracknell Town, have brought in a football consultant to look at ways of improving match day experience for fans. Just saying!
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Do what Faversham Town do. Just open the gates to all. As do many other clubs. I believe I read In Princes Among Men somewhere about DFC opening up to the youth of Dartford. Don't know if I imagined that headline.
If we want the youths in, let them in and get the stewards to do their jobs.
Which, as we all know, many at Maidstone, do not.
Does anyone remember when our stadium first opened, you couldn't stand here, there and everywhere.
I must admit I do like the 'no smoking ' rule at PP. Standing behind the goal at Fav with cigarette smoke wafting around you 😝.
Never mind, can't have it all.