Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes
Oliver Box (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 18

Spike

Re: Bath City v Dartford Sat 10 Feb 2024

Post by Spike »

Well Chinn might have "mixed emotions" about playing against us, but my emotions about us playing against him are far from mixed. The weasel and his grubby little agent have no integrity and can both go do one. I have no problem with him signing for whoever he wants, but when the player and the two clubs make an agreement, you have every right to be upset when the player just reneges on his promises and buggars off last minute to a different club, especially when that club are your opponents 48 hours later. He fully deserved the booing that was aimed his way today and he can expect the same whenever we cross paths again.

As for the game, Terrell got caught in possession and gave away a silly goal on 10 minutes, after which we were clearly rattled and could easily have conceded a few more. Yet somehow we clung on to the game and as half-time approached, we started to get a foothold. Second half was a completely different story and Darts pressed hard for an equaliser which we could so easily have got as we created several chances and had a couple of decent shouts for a penalty. As the game went on, I genuinely felt we were going to nick a point and that the team were going to get rewarded for their second half efforts, but in the end, the game was settled by that one early individual error. It may sound overly optimistic, but I am not too despondent as the players showed so much promise in the second half and we just need to get a break go our way and I think we'll be fine. Romaine and Shomotun were the pick of the bunch for me, I went for the latter as our MOTM.

The team needs the fans to help them get back on track. Some people seem to have been expecting TB to perfoirm miracles overnight, but that is unrealistic as Dowse left the squad in a terrible mess. We need to keep our heads and give TB and the team our full support. On the plus side, the disconnect between the fans and the team, that had developed under Dowson's reign, appears to have been fixed as the travelling Darts got behind the lads and were appreciative of their efforts at the end of the game despite the defeat. Things are not as bleak as they might seem. We have 3 difficult but potentially winnable games coming up next, starting with Chippenham at home on Tuesday, and if the players perform like they did in the second half today, we will definitely start picking up points.

KEEP THE FAITH
COYD
Last edited by Spike on Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Undercover Elephant wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:39 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:17 pm
Lennylenny wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:07 pm Today was a great result, shows we can compete against anyone. Toony seems to be doing a good job. At last there is a feeling of togetherness ,cone on u darts!!
We're in a relegation fight and you think a loss is a good result? Come off it.
In fairness to LennyLenny and I cannot believe I am saying it he is right yes they did have the better game, but I thought we worked hard today and TB seems to have a real togetherness within the team.

Onto another game on Tuesday night and I will be there to support the lads!

Surely that should be today was a good performance, a positive to take into the rest of the season. A little more fortune could go our way as we’ve been slightly unlucky.

Not trying to be picky but it’s not a great result is it.
tommytollbooth

Post by tommytollbooth »

Looking at the League Table we are still 6 points ahead of Welling, Dover look dead and buried and I can't believe Taunton with all their problems will survive so hopefully our shite luck will change and we will grind out the results to avoid relegation.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:07 pm Today was a great result, shows we can compete against anyone. Toony seems to be doing a good job. At last there is a feeling of togetherness ,cone on u darts!!
Surely Toony is responsible for getting us in this mess!
KentC

Post by KentC »

DA Mikey wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:40 am
Surely Toony is responsible for getting us in this mess!

Had to read that twice, very sharp DA.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Nice one Mikey 😁.
' no hope for Tuesday ' :shock: . Just the sort of backing the team is asking for.
Listening to the second half yesterday gives me hope for the right response and result on Tuesday.
Let's hope the lads go out and get the win.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Tony’s interview clear and concise 👍
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Its all been said and the green shoots under Tony are apparent and I am still a believer that we will be o k , very important next couple of games and 6 points would be great , great to have a sensible [ no bulls...] interview from Tony

See you on tuesday night !!!!

nb no real comment on Chinn as recent history says that he will have 2 MOTMs with Bath then get injured !!!!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

The live commentary seemed to suggest a game of 2 halves, and so the highlights have shown that to be true.
The Darts really deserved to have come out of that game with at least a point, especially given that Bath are challenging up near the top.

So many chances created, especially after the TB half time team talk, so it would appear, and how much effect did the slope have for each team?

So many signs of improvement, it can only be a matter of time before it all gels. The chances are there. The team are knocking the ball about well, so, so much better than a few weeks ago, and some useful additions to the squad by TB too.

Obviously anxious times until we do start picking up the next points. I always felt we were more likely to be featuring in a relegation fight rather than a promotion push under Downson, purely because of the extra number of home games and only a few wins we had played compared to our away games. TB has his work cut out, but with reports that the Darts played some of their best football of the season, he is putting his mark on the team and the players seem to be responding. Just need to find our shooting boots to finish off promising moves.

COYD
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

rambo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:54 am Tony’s interview clear and concise 👍
Did he mention the budget?