Oliver Box (Sub)
No votes
Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

MickW

Re: Farnborough v Dartford Sat 3 Feb 2024

Post by MickW »

Well the Kent Senior Cup found us a winger perhaps we'll find a centre forward on Tuesday!!
Spike

Post by Spike »

KentC wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:30 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:21 am It's a pity then Kent that the board didn't read on here when seasoned supporter's were staying away or walking out the gate long before the final whistle.

At no point do I disagree with what you’re alluding to.
In fact I’ve said something very similar on this thread.
Whatever they might say publicly, I have absolutely no doubt that the board, the players and everyone else associated with the club DO read the forum and to be fair, I am also absolutely sure that the board DID take note of what seasoned supporters were saying and that this played a huge part in Dowson's dismissal. The only debate to be had is whether it came soon enough, although when you are talking about financial implications for the club plus the consideration of ousting someone from their job, these decisions are not to be taken lightly. Personally I thought Dowson's appointment was a good decision which I fully supported at the time it was made, but he took us backwards and I now also think that dismissing him was a better one. It didn't work out but the appointment was made with the best of intentions. If we can get the right man quickly then all well and good, but I have faith that TB will keep us up, so I'd rather get the best man for the job at the end of the season than settle for a lesser man just to get it done quickly.

As for the Farnborough game, I too felt it was a better performance which is encouraging for the weeks ahead. We could easily have got something from the game were it not for our obvious lack of firepower up front. Alex Wall knows how to stick the ball in the net given the right sort of chances but considering he's 6ft 13ins tall and built like Mighty Joe Young, his aerial presence is about as effective as the Icelandic air force. Fumnaya (my MOTM) was the biggest plus of the day, he showed flashes of inspiration and I hope he has the confidence to take people on a bit more often in the weeks ahead as he will definitely cause teams problems.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'm sure you are right Spike but we are often told that they do not. I went along with the appointment of Dowson. But he lost me in the summer with his early signings. I had the feeling that we would struggle and he seemed to lurch from one diabolical decision to the next.
I'm also confident in TB's ability to keep us up but I feel it's going to be tight. Signing players like Fumnaya is refreshing and going in the right direction
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

The whole pre season was a complete shambles and waste of time!
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Perhaps the Hearse driving onto the pitch was indeed an Omen??
Spooky!!??