Jack Smith (Sub)
No votes
Manny Adebowale (Sub)
4%

Total votes: 23

ozymandias

Re: Dartford v Weymouth Sat 27 Jan 2024

Post by ozymandias »

Obviously we still have the same squad from the Dowson era and whereas we now have a respected albeit caretaker manager, I am coming up because the club and these same players need our support.
Sometimes I couldn't drag myself up to watch what I call, inconsistent, almost robotic football. But I do feel that the atmosphere will likely change.
Tony may not agree on the 'robotic' remark. But now, even with the same lads I can't wait to be there today.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

ozymandias wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:17 am Obviously we still have the same squad from the Dowson era and whereas we now have a respected albeit caretaker manager, I am coming up because the club and these same players need our support.
Sometimes I couldn't drag myself up to watch what I call, inconsistent, almost robotic football. But I do feel that the atmosphere will likely change.
Tony may not agree on the 'robotic' remark. But now, even with the same lads I can't wait to be there today.
I completely agree Ozy, I will be leaving Eastbourne shortly, and really looking forward to the game.

This is the dawning of a new era 😀

Come on you Darts!!!
Skip

Post by Skip »

Good luck to TB today. Even with the pretty much the same squad of players there is a new found optimism on this forum and amongst the supporters I know. And that has everything to do with TB’s more upbeat attitude and generally positive demeanour compared to the previous fella. The team selection today will be interesting as TB will want to build some early momentum if the club is to claim a play off place. So I’m expecting a lot more energy not only on the pitch but the terraces, too. And although I’ve only seen one game at PP and a couple in TV this season it was depressing seeing the club languish under the previous incumbent. I’ll be keeping a close on events from up here in Suffolk. I’m expecting a hard fought win to get TBs latest managerial stint up and running.
Last edited by Skip on Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

Lets hope TB’s Black & White Army get 3pts today !
#COYD 🎯🎯🎯
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I am going today , 1st time for at least 6 weeks as I had a gutful of Dowson and just couldnt be bothered , Tony Burman is a genuine guy and has my support [ and 100s of other Darts fans ] and we know he will do his best to get this team firing

Really hope he starts with 3pts today but its not that important as its very early doors !!!
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Yes me too, after missing a few games I went to the St Albans debacle which was an utter disgrace,I vowed that I wouldn't watch a Dowson team again.I have dug out my season ticket and am actually looking forward to the game.
I am right behind TB and his team because I know that he will give his all for the club
Let's get the season back on track with a good win!.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Yeah echo all those thoughts and really looking forward to the game, will do my bit today to get behind the team and TB.

We just need to get some perspective though and talk of making the play offs is putting a bit of unnecessary pressure on IMO.
Not impossible i agree but let's just see what develops.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KentC

Post by KentC »

Really looking forward to this, welling aside I’ve not been for ages because I couldn’t bring myself to. It’s not just the performances that got me with Dowse it as his constant criticism of everything at the club. So today regardless of the performance, in the dugout will be a man who will give absolutely everything for the love of the Club.
My expectations aren’t massive but my respect and support for the manager is. And that disappeared with Dowse.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

COYD. That's usually how I end my posts!!

This time, I'm just amazed at the turnaround of events, and the change from all the recent negativity (deservedly) to the positivity since the release of Dowson.

It will be interesting to see the size of the crowd today, as so many are looking forward to TB in the dugout and with his measured interviews since, he knows he has the support of the fans behind him.

Good luck to the boys today. It will be a difficult game and No guarantee of 3 points, but I so hope we can reverse the result of the 1-0 defeat down at Weymouth at the beginning of the season.

I'll be tuning in shortly to the commentary, and no doubt, will be hearing those much missed renderings of 'Tony Burman's Black and White Army' plus more.

So, yet again!!!!

COYD
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

This new maccies boarding makes me feel like I’m at Ebbsfleet
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Rooney CB
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Not too sure about Rooney at the back, he seems well off the pace. Not too sure about the McDonald's Community Stand either.🤔😁
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Maloney for Barzey.
Barzey injury.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Apparently Lewis Manor has signed for Hornchurch and is on the bench for them today. Why our own club can't tell us this is disappointing.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Amazing..half time viewing in the Dartford bar is a nature programme. Beggars belief.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Nothing wrong with the community stand, it’s sponsorship of sorts so any real income is welcome.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 0-0
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

I try not to criticise refs but this one looks out of his depth: hesitated blowing for the GK foul then did when we had the chance to put it in an empty net; clear pen not long after that; not a clue what half of the yellows were for.

We’re looking alright but lacking that final touch/pass
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

KentC wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:55 pm Nothing wrong with the community stand, it’s sponsorship of sorts so any real income is welcome.
Should be the Tony Burman stand