Taylor Maloney (Sub)
No votes
Joash Nembhard (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 16

Spike

Re: Truro City v Dartford Tue 16 Jan 2024

Post by Spike »

With last week's developments I find myself really looking forward to this game and there will definitely be at least two of us at the match. I'm not expecting miracles, but I already feel more connected to the team again and I know TB will ensure the players give a good account of themselves. So however many fans do travel, I'm sure they will all get behind the team as it is apparent that we are all already a lot more optimistic about what is to come. Given what he has inherited, I think Tony's primary target must be to gather enough points to secure our status in the division. If there's one thing Dowse did succeed in doing, it was in his stated purpose of lowering everyone's expectations and most of those that stayed to watch were looking down rather than up. So for me, it's all about getting the connection back between the fans and the team and keeping the points ticking over whilst we regroup. Anything more than that would be a massive bonus. Hope to see at least a few of you there on Tuesday.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Can't make this one but agree with Spike, i feel a lot happier now and looking forward to the games again.

This is a real tough one for TB to start with, a really long midweek trip and a squad seriously lacking competition in certain areas.
As far as i'm aware, excluding the academy lads we only have 4 defenders and two natural wide players available.

Truro may have lost Saturday but have had a decent run recently so it will be a tough game, but i do believe our players are capable of more so will be tuning in hoping for a decent performance and result.

COYD
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Park Life wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:41 pm
As far as i'm aware, excluding the academy lads we only have 4 defenders and two natural wide players available.

Surely Tommy Block must be fit by now!!
Harry

Post by Harry »

Interesting game, and interested to find out who TB has put in place as his backroom staff, as he could be in charge for three weeks ot the rest of the season, depending on the calibre of managers that are available.

I guess waiting until the end of the season would give the club a bigger pool to select from.

With TB back in charge I wouldn't bet against a late charge towards the play off positions, once his ideas are embedded. There are still plenty of points available to play for so we could be in for an exciting few months if we can start a decent run.

I expect very few changes in personnel but I fully expect a different Dartford over the next few weeks.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Baptism of fire for TB. Both Truro and Bath not easy games. Must be a strange feeling for Tony but as Spike said, reasons for optimism and a breath of fresh air already.
Spike

Post by Spike »

Harry wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:06 am Interesting game, and interested to find out who TB has put in place as his backroom staff, as he could be in charge for three weeks ot the rest of the season, depending on the calibre of managers that are available.

I guess waiting until the end of the season would give the club a bigger pool to select from.

With TB back in charge I wouldn't bet against a late charge towards the play off positions, once his ideas are embedded. There are still plenty of points available to play for so we could be in for an exciting few months if we can start a decent run.

I expect very few changes in personnel but I fully expect a different Dartford over the next few weeks.
I would be very surprised to see anyone new come in before the end of the season. I know TB has made it clear he doesn't want the job long term and is only stepping in to help out, but I think it would be a big mistake to rush in with a new appointment because, as you say, there will be a much bigger pool of applicants once we get to the end of the season. The club is in safe hands with TB at the helm so as far as the new appointment goes, better to get it done right rather than get it done quickly.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Agree
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'm doubting this game will be on.
Spike

Post by Spike »

ozymandias wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:03 am I'm doubting this game will be on.
Well I'm setting off shortly so I hope you're wrong. There's no plans even for a pitch inspection at present so they must be fairly confident.
Eagle88

Post by Eagle88 »

Do we still run supporters coaches to away games?
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I'm just going on she who was once Carol Kirkwood said this morning Spike. Bolitho Park is not a plastic one, is it?
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Eagle88 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:23 am Do we still run supporters coaches to away games?
I'm certain that we do but the info on the official website is way out of date :roll: and there is no mention of coach trips in 2024. There used to be a post on the forum about coach travel but that seems to have vanished.
Gary C

Post by Gary C »

I don't know where the coach travel thread went to on here. Tried finding it at the weekend - I've got an update to go up when I get a chance for February's coach trips.

There was, unsurprisingly, not enough interest to make running a coach to today's match financially viable.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

A search for "coach travel" will find the old posts.
After each month was up, I moved them to the "Archived Match Threads 2023-2024", seeing as they weren't relevant anymore. But there was never a separate Coach Travel thread, else I would have left them in there.

ie:
viewtopic.php?p=14423&hilit=coach+travel#p14423
viewtopic.php?p=14422&hilit=coach+travel#p14422
viewtopic.php?p=13903&hilit=coach+travel#p13903
viewtopic.php?p=12912&hilit=coach+travel#p12912

Maybe I need to create a DFCSA Coach Travel for 2023-2024 in the DFCSA & Warbler section and move all the old posts into that?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Tonights match will be important for Tony as he will get a first hand insight into the squad he has inherited and knowing him will quickly decide on who has the character/ drive and ability to have a future at Dartford , MORE importantly for the Players as IF they dont shape up then It will be " ship out time " as Tony will NOT put up with any bad apples !!!!

I hope we get at least a point tonight but be very interesting to see how the team perform ???

Good Luck Darts !!!!!!!!!!!
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I would imagine that TB has already identified the players 'likely to' and I dare say he has had the encouraging words to those who do need to shape up.

Not expecting much from tonight but hoping the players respond with a good performance nevertheless.

COYD
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Well there won't be a revolving door. TB hasn't got the contacts like King and Dowse have. So as far as shipping people out goes, who are we going to bring in? Unless his mate John Still can do him a favour in return for the Noor Hussain bargain sale of the season. A lot of our players used to come from Essex and many of those signings came from Steve Mosely's knowledge of the lower leagues on the otherside of the tunnel. And I can't see players from the likes of Brentwood and Canvey Island being any better than what we have already.
I'm afraid TB will just have to get the best out of what he's already got or dip into the academy.
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

:D Advance diehard in Plymouth already. New ground tonight as well.Lovely crisp evening and hopefully 3 point
KentC

Post by KentC »

It’s a really good feeling I’ve not had for a while, good luck to the boys tonight and I hope the travelling supporters get to experience a positive result in these tough conditions.
COYD
PJSADI

Post by PJSADI »

Two more having a couple of beers quayside…