News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

Pedro

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by Pedro »

I should think there will be plenty of interest - first statement from the board should be, the budget is X and always likely to be X until we can raise more cash through the gate and additional sponsorship.

COYD
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Pedro wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 11:59 am I should think there will be plenty of interest - first statement from the board should be, the budget is X and always likely to be X until we can raise more cash through the gate and additional sponsorship.

COYD
Agree, I'm confident we'll get plenty of interest.

As for that statement, trust me that is made perfectly clear in every interview/appointment.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Braintree v Weymouth
Farnborough v Welling
Taunton v slough
Hampton v St Albans
All off tonight frozen pitches.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Poor old Taunton now have an HMRC winding up order. Half their team now seems to be made up of Bridgewater tech students.Sad times.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Link to the BBC article:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-68019886

Taunton Town FC has been issued with a winding-up petition from His Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

The club, which plays in the National League South league, was issued the petition on Wednesday.

Taunton Town said in a statement: "We can confirm we owe no VAT as this was totally paid last week but we do have some PAYE outstanding with HMRC.

"We've been talking with HMRC but have received no guidance or help from them."

The club added: "As a result, we are in communication with the National League to help us find a solution to this short-term issue."

HMRC said it does not comment on individual cases but winding-up petitions are only filed once "all other options" have been tried.

A winding-up petition is the legal process that can be used against a company to recover money that's owed.

If the debt is paid in full then HMRC can end the process but a worst-case scenario could see Taunton Town, known as The Peacocks, liquidated.

The club are in their second term in the sixth tier of English football, having won promotion to that level in 2021-22 for the first time in their history.

Although winding-up records are published in public records, there are no clear details on how much the club owes.

'Not severe... yet'
Dr Dan Plumley, football finance expert at Sheffield Hallam University, said: "This is the first step of the winding-up process, it's not the severe end of this situation yet.

"Despite the scary situation for the fans and what a winding-up petition looks like, nobody from any side wants to liquidate a football club.

"In this situation, it could take a little bit of time before we see the next steps."

A court hearing has yet to be scheduled.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Not NLS, but mentioned before about Nuneaton Borough's situation. They have now had to withdraw from the Southern League and possibly entering liquidation. Sad to see an old club go like that.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/nuneaton ... 27991.html

Thursday 18th January, 2024;
We regret to announce that Nuneaton Borough FC will be withdrawing from this season's Southern Central Premier League.

Despite the dedicated efforts of our sponsors and officials, the club faces insurmountable challenges in maintaining operations.

Our legal advisors have confirmed that the offer put forward to purchase Liberty Way will not be considered, and no new lease will be given to any entity.

Unfortunately, armed with this information our future investors have had to withdraw any future support.

Furthermore, without additional investment or new investors to provide financial support, the club is unable to continue trading.

In light of these circumstances, we are now considering the liquidation process.

This decision comes with a heavy heart, and we deeply appreciate the unwavering support from our loyal fans and the football community during this challenging time.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I remember the Nuneaton Town / Borough situation being explained back when we were locking horns last (10+ years ago!), but it was a bit confusing then. Awful for the fans, as I said under Dowson things were far from ideal but certainly could be worse.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I see Welling are having a12.00 pitch inspection today re their game tomorrow v Truro giving any away fans as much notice as possible??
Shame Truro themselves didn’t think about that Tuesday evening!!
Welling should just leave any inspection to one hour before kick off tomorrow & blame any possible postponement on the match Referee !!
Giving them (Truro FC) a bit of their own medicine??
Bastardo’s!!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I hope Taunton make it through although they have lost a few players. A couple, I believe, have gone to Yeovil.
It's always a shame when you see clubs in this situation.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

M1 South wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:26 am I see Welling are having a12.00 pitch inspection today re their game tomorrow v Truro giving any away fans as much notice as possible??
Shame Truro themselves didn’t think about that Tuesday evening!!
Welling should just leave any inspection to one hour before kick off tomorrow & blame any possible postponement on the match Referee !!
Giving them (Truro FC) a bit of their own medicine??
Bastardo’s!!

Agree, then do the same again when they've got to travel back midweek for the rescheduled game.

As far as i can tell they never apologised to us and tried to shift blame on the match officials, pathetic.
When you also see some of the comments on the DFC Twitter feed for our game from people associated with Truro you can see the type of club they are.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

All is not good in the West Country..Taunton FC been issued with a winding up order by HM R&C!!
They should all just stick to farming, & chase the cheese down the hill for their sport !! x
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

The strength (or otherwise) of Taunton's squad has massively changed. Three players have gone to Yeovil, two sold and one has had his loan deal from Yeovil ended. Two have been released and two have joined a club in the Southern League. To replace these players and others that have gone they have two youngsters on loan from Bristol City and have signed 5 players from Bridgwater and Taunton College. Added to this massive reduction in the strength of the squad the winding up order from HMRC has my locals tearing their hair out! DFC have been there in the past and it is no fun seeing supporters of another club going through similar agonies.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Good set of results for our relegation battle as none of the bottom 4 pick up points!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

A brilliant write up on the BBC about the Maidstone match at Ipswich. Starting with the demise of the club back in 92' , getting thrown out of the EFL. Their re-emergence at Ashford and Sittingbourne before getting their tin shed. Not once in any shape or form was Watling Street mentioned or the taking down of another certain club who sadly went through the an uncertain future without a ground, without a ground of their own.
Shite club, comes good tomorrow. I hope Ipswich do a job on them. A proper job.
Sadly George Elekobi? Seems a decent bloke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-68081818
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Lars Resort wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:27 am A brilliant write up on the BBC about the Maidstone match at Ipswich. Starting with the demise of the club back in 92' , getting thrown out of the EFL. Their re-emergence at Ashford and Sittingbourne before getting their tin shed. Not once in any shape or form was Watling Street mentioned or the taking down of another certain club who sadly went through the an uncertain future without a ground, without a ground of their own.
Shite club, comes good tomorrow. I hope Ipswich do a job on them. A proper job.
Sadly George Elekobi? Seems a decent bloke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-68081818
You beat me to it Lars. Boiled my piss this did! Actually, the old news clip, in the report, did mention, “They were forced to sell THEIR Watling Street ground” or words similar. Nothing like a load of shite getting in the way of the truth!
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

St Albans manager David Noble has left the club to become the new manager at Wealdstone.
Grassbank

Post by Grassbank »

The BBC no longer worries about their reports containing facts.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Welling have sacked manager Danny Bloor.....and their fans are far from happy about it!.
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

National league have announced that they are reducing live stream coverage due to lack of demand. Only a selection of games per matchday from February onwards.

https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/st ... BnIkb7jJGU
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

The Futures White wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:34 am Welling have sacked manager Danny Bloor.....and their fans are far from happy about it!.
Speculation would’ve been rife had Bloor ‘left’, but he has definitely been sacked. Interesting move after their win at Hemel yesterday!