6%

Total votes: 18

Park Life

Re: Weston-super-Mare v Dartford Sat 6 Jan 2024

Post by Park Life »

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

From watching those highlites am I right in thinking that was Moussa Diara scoring another own goal in the last minute of the game again to give the opposition a draw??

If so that’s our last 2 games now verses Welling & now WSM that he’s done that and cost us 2pts in each game.
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

rambo wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:06 pm That is so true Hitchin there is literally nothing on the pitch to get excited about , I have been a fan since mid 70s and this squad and style of play is worst ever
Like a lot of fans I was brought up on the great Peter Taylor sides of the mid to late 1980s so yeah this is painful viewing. As I say that strong core of bradbrook,noble, champion, bonner, ryno…I am sure other teams forums would comment on our players and know they were in for a hard game against that lot. Pretty sure they don’t even worry about who is turning out for us this season!
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

It’s a shame when you look back at players under Tony Burman
Billy Burgess, Jacob urskine, jay may etc
All not technically perfect but they all put in a great shift, and TB and mr sawyer were always on that touch line
The feel good factor was great , the club was always buzzing, I does seem a massive shame for the longstanding fans on here that the club has gone backwards
I have read a lot here and perhaps I am harsh on the board as the people here close to the club have spoken up for them
Like I’ve said I feel getting Mr Burman and skip back to steady the ship will automatically add a few hundred on the gate and perhaps get the stayaways back
I would definitely pay my money to see the team again if that happened
I hope it turns around soon for all connected with the club and the local community
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Tony Burman and Skip Sawyer have earned great respect from the Darts fans of many years and they could 100% count on fans support IF they were brought in as Caretaker Managers IF the Board dump Dowse in early 2024 !!!!!!!
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

The trouble is that I can't see how the club can afford to pay off Dowse if they were to sack him. The club is run as a tight ship financially and Dowse (and no doubt him management team) is in a 2 year contract. So love him, hate him or even if you are totally ambivalent he won't be going anywhere soon.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The amount of chances to put the game to bed before WSM equalised is beyond me. Two from Luke in the last two games. Staggering. ;)
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

On top of the chances we had, and the penalty we should've had I don't know why Jordan has not just hacked the ball clear just before they scored, it's the 90th minute and he's got perfect opportunity just to get rid and relieve the pressure. It's these individual mistakes that are costing us valuable points.

I do agree with the views that it's not all on Dowse that we fail to see out games. The main ones coming to mind are Bath, Farnborough, Welling and WSM most of which have an individual error that you can pinpoint costing us the victory. However with exception of the Bath game all of these we have sat on a 1 goal lead. Surely we should be setting up tactically to lead by more than 1 per game? That would be my main question mark towards the management and tactical set up.

It's also a completely different story if we are playing good football but we rarely look like scoring more than 1 per game.

Tomorrow's game is absolutely massive, for more than one reason.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

On Saturday at WSM we could realistically have scored 5 or 6. Add to the two goals the cross in the first half that flashed across the face of the goal that nobody got a touch on, Matty hitting the foot of the post with a cross shot - so half-time could have been 3-1 - given the big chance they missed that hit the post. Then in the second half there were a number of chances but the main ones were when Alex was brought down when clean through, and the one-on-one missed by Luke. So don't say we didn't look like scoring on Saturday. Mind you with the chances WSM had it was a big relief that they were more interested in peppering their supporters at the back of the terrace rather than hitting the net!
MickW

Post by MickW »

The Duke wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:37 pm Tony Burman and Skip Sawyer have earned great respect from the Darts fans of many years and they could 100% count on fans support IF they were brought in as Caretaker Managers IF the Board dump Dowse in early 2024 !!!!!!!
Tony us 65 - what makes you think he would want to take this on?
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Taunton Dart wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:23 pm The trouble is that I can't see how the club can afford to pay off Dowse if they were to sack him. The club is run as a tight ship financially and Dowse (and no doubt him management team) is in a 2 year contract. So love him, hate him or even if you are totally ambivalent he won't be going anywhere soon.
But can they afford not to? The damage is worsening game by game.

Listening to the constant public criticism of the Club and the Board in Dowson and Tylers's interviews, it's almost as if they are trying to provoke the Board to take action!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Cause TB is Dartford through and through and it would only be a short term appointment till we get a quality Manager by due process with a modern approach to the game and and NOT snatch at anything going who looks a safe bet !!!!!!!!!!