Harvey Bradbury (Sub)
No votes
Jordan Wynter (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 30

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Dartford v Welling Utd Sat 30 Dec 2023

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

When Park Life talks like that, you know we’re utterly doomed. Today was a rare Saturday when I was absolutely free with sod all to do. I stayed in and had a kip! I’m soooo glad I did. As promised, I’m not going anywhere else for my footy fix and I’ll be back when that clown has gone. What is the point of going to PP already angry before kick off. Only missing the banter in the bar. Nothing else. (I’d even considered going for a couple of beers and then going home at kick off. That’s how much respect I have for Dowson!)
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I listened to the LIVE Match commentary wihich our guy was very neutral and dint dress it up , I did nod of a couple of times as it was f.....g boring with a 4 5 1 line up and Doswe's way of grinding out results [ thats IF we could defend for 97 mins ]

I havent been lately and wont be rushing back and ALL the time Dowse is there will dramatically slow my progress

No matches at PP for amonth , many wont f...............g care !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KentC

Post by KentC »

Welling have to be one of the favourites to be relegated. Their league position says that itself.
But it’s very difficult to say we are a better side than them, that’s very worrying.
rambo

Post by rambo »

More rubbish. 2000 in the ground and it was still like a morgue. I said we needed 4 points from the welling games so I am pleased with the points gained.
The game was nothing to watch , you could put mo salah in our starting 11 and he would instantly look crap. Both teams were hopeless with absolutely no idea of how to play decent football
I feel that we may only pick up one point from the next few away games so 3 points in our next home game will be vital. Do not rule out relegation it is a possibility sadly.
What is becoming of this club , I despair
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

And so endeth a pretty woeful and uninspiring Christmas period (for me anyway!)

Today we did nowhere near enough to win the game. Yes, had Luke put away that guilt-edged opportunity we’d probably have won the game BUT, that aside, Welling looked the most likeliest of the two teams to score whenever they went forward (particularly in the second half). They deserved to get a draw and probably would have deserved to get a draw at the Bus Stop Stadium on Tuesday too. Enough said about last Saturdays debacle (v. St Albans).

For me, today, our tactics were completely wrong. We were at home against a team struggling in the drop zone and what do we do - play one up top and toss balls up to George hoping that he’ll get hold of the ball for our midfield to link up with him in the final third. That was never going to happen, much as it didn’t last Tuesday.

I’m sorry, but I’ve seen nothing in these past three games to suggest we’re going to improve our season anytime soon. To be honest I’m completely underwhelmed with our season so far and will again express the opinion that Dowse cannot do anymore than he’s done and, unless we’re settling for a lower-half (mid-table at best) finish to our 23-24 campaign, then the Board have to act now and show Dowse the door.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

Well said Parky,
I am so,so disappointed with the team this season and Dowsons excuses for his teams performance are pathetic.
The Darts are going nowhere and to top.it off they have become a boring watch.
Just like a lot of other regulars who are not coming regularly Dowsonball is not for me.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Under Burman we had a ten year plan and did it in five.
Where did it all go wrong?
Bridge and a tunnel

Post by Bridge and a tunnel »

As has been said before,no one moaned when Dowson was appointed but is this the same guy?...........excuses left ,right and centre ...he must have known the set up? He resigned,signed players,knew the budget and now we have "leisure centre"....??? and the players can't use the facilities???
It's beyond laughable
Get this Clown out now
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

Amazingly we are only 5 points off a play off place despite the crap that’s being served up and also amazingly there are 11 worse teams in this league than us which tells you how poor/mediocre (Yeovil aside) the league is this year imo. Even more amazingly (sorry for the over use of that word) a half decent run could well take us up to and around the top 3 which frankly would be a travesty but seems
Achievable to me in this league. There said it 2024 could still be our year…I swear I haven’t been drinking!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

Park Life wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:16 pm Two very mediocre teams with not much between them over the two games so to come out of it with four points was fortunate, especially as at best we are just an average side run by a manager whose has run out of ideas and will continue to get more players in in the hope it all works out ok.
I've seen and had enough and seriously considering not bothering to go to any away games because i'm starting to feel like lots of other fans and getting close to just not caring anymore.
Perhaps it's me but how the hell can you play Alexander up front as a lone striker when its bloody obvious he's a finisher/ fox in the box. FFS we were at home to a team in the relegation zone and went with one up front and for the majority of the game defended which it's bloody obvious we can't do for 90 minutes. I'm sick to death of negative boring tactics and would like to see what these players are capable of in different circumstances.
At times Welling moved the ball around well so we're fortunate that they did not have much of a goal threat otherwise we could have easily lost and we will when we play better opposition. They thoroughly deserved a draw and if they had equalised earlier i wouldn't have been surprised if they had gone on to win it.
The winners of "The Mug" today are the home fans who had to watch another negative display of mediocrity.
Over 2000 in the ground but for a local derby the atmosphere was crap and it has been like that for ages, it's obvious why.

I also had the misfortune of listening to our managers Radio Kent interview on the way home and if i wasn't already pissed off well this put the final nail in the coffin.
Apparently we miss Bonner & Essam who have NOW become "leaders of men" when for the whole of last season "they weren't" and he used to moan about them virtually every other week. F*** me Sherlock if you couldn't tell last season we had arguably the best centre back partnership in the division then you must be blind.
Oh and no surprise for the 1000th time the B****T got mentioned again and apparently we cant train on our own facilities when we want as theyr'e used by other people and we're more like a "leisure club".
How the hell can this management team continue to get away with these derogatory comments about our club and come on time and time again and moan about the budget, artificial pitches, the budget, not being full time, the budget, the idiot fans, the budget, not being able to use our own facilities when he wants, the budget and every other f*****g excuse under the sun. The reason we have not got any better playing wise or even stayed the same level in the last 18 months is down to poor player recruitment and tactics.
Wouldn't be surprised if this interview also mysteriously gets corrupted as it's the latest in a long line of car crash interviews we've had to endure.

Seriously sick to the back teeth of what we are having to watch and the crap we have to listen to after.
When we used to lose on a Saturday it used to bother me, know I’m like whatever……
I go to see friends and catch up, the football ain’t great and just cannot wait for this season to be over if I am honest, mid table if we are 🍀!
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

At the top of this match posting, Rick has a Stephen Bennett listed as the Referee Observer. Would that have been the same retired ex Premier referee, does anybody know? Might that explain the woeful performance of the referee? I totally lost track of the number of bookings of the Darts players as he made so many wrong decisions, and I felt this might have contributed to the Darts lacklustre second half performance as so many players couldn't afford to get involved for fear of picking up a second caution and subsequent dismissal. It really felt we were playing against 12 men the further the game went on.
In particular, there was the push on Nemhard into the hoardings which went unpunished. Also, the free kick on the edge of the Welling which might also have been close to being a penalty. The Welling defence lined up midway between the 6 yard box and the penalty area 18 yard, meaning just 6 yards from the position of the free kick. No wonder the free kick sailed over the bar!!
Then there was the incident of Coulson being told to leave the pitch after retieing his boot lace, with the help of the physio who was actually on the pitch attending to Jack Smith.

I thought the Darts started brightly, and deserved their opening goal from Coulson. But thereafter, instead of pushing on, we regressed, especially after Luke Allen went of injured. Always nervous thereafter of us conceding one instead of being the next to score, in spite of chances, especially the late Coulson one on one miss.

Pleased to have secured 4 points over Christmas, but bearing in mind that Welling are in the relegation zone, compared to Ebbsfleet being the league leaders at Christmas last season, disappointed with our overall game plan, even though players were putting in the effort. Have to again agree with Parklife's comments.

Personally, I did vote for Ryan, (sorry MickW), for his spectacular save which prevented it being 1-1 earlier in the game, which just might have prevented us from losing the game. Plus, I have been impressed with Ryan in earlier games, indeed since he joined the club, when he has been edged out of receiving my vote, so felt he deserved it. I also had Chinn and Oduado in contention too today.

Nevertheless, I am still concerned we are too close to the relegation zone, given we have played 14 home games and only 11 away games to date, and dropped so many points at Princes Park this season with only 5 wins in those 14 games.

Just remains for me to wish fellow posters a Happy New Year.

COYD
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Said wouldn’t post again but I’m a big fat liar . Fourtantly Parklife has said it all.
Last edited by Lennylenny on Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:33 pm Said wouldn’t post again but I’m a big fat liar . Fourtantly Parklife has said it all. Dartford is a massive club but as long as it’s run by a clueless manager surrounded by clueless yes men and past it has beens,we losing fans and they are going to local clubs that treat them with respect.Gutted missed today, but I think I’m not the only one who Princesss Park won’t see again till the worst manager in any level of football in 40 years of service to non league football goes.
As long as everyone is clear i don't agree with your words.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

This is all getting a bit samey for me. As I say, talk to my four legged friend at Faversham.
Weymouth next for me, I think.
KentC

Post by KentC »

It’s a real tough watch still, after what PL said about Dowses interview I can’t bring myself to watch it yet.
I went yesterday for the first time for a few months simply because it’s the derby and I had my son with me for the day, he lives in Eastbourne, he used to come home and away with me back in the day so he’s no stranger to DFC but I spent ages explaining how sadly things have changed to what his experience is now and what it was.
I don’t think I’ll be going again under Dowse, I don’t wanna say that for 100% and end up being a hypocrite and popping back for a game. It’s not a protest I just don’t want to anymore and you can walk to the ground from my house.
My best mate has been watching Darts since he was 14, he’s in his late 40s now. He doesn’t go anymore.
I appreciate there are many on here who’ve been watching Dartford for decades, far longer than me but I read some of these die hards don’t go at the moment.

PL not going to away games?, that says a lot.

I think there’s a few things the board could possibly do to rather than stay silent but I believe they are in a really difficult position with Dowse.
I would imagine they’re far from happy with on the pitch but what could they do?
I’m sure they won’t just sit by and let Dowse have this huge negative impact on the club and there will come a point.
I’m also convinced they will take note of all the excuses / criticisms he comes out with, particularly about the budget and the criticism of the supporters.

Very sad days.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

So you sit back and try to analyse what’s happened over the last few years, I’ve never bought the blame the referee stance and I’ve never believed in the board’s ambition to be honest, we as a crowd stopped attending games a good few years ago , glory boys??
No we all came when in the Ryman north and throughly enjoyed the Burman years
In and off the pitch the club was run very well at that level, we made the national league and played great football, but unfortunately the board failed to back Mr Burman any further and ultimately he stepped aside
I’m sure due to the realisation the board didn’t want to make that step up to league 2
I’ve read here and heard all about the alienation of the young fans, sorry board that’s a massive mistake
A massive shame when huge fans like most of the older crowd here have suddenly realised what a good few fans saw a while ago, a board with no real ambition and out of touch with the local community
Just look at other smaller kent clubs and look at there gates now, I don’t live in the Dartford area anymore but always look out for the results and follow closely on here
I haven’t attended any sort of football for five years now
But I do want to get back to princes park
I won’t whilst the current manager is in place after this seasons reports from many fans
The board need to get Mr Burman back in place for the rest of this campaign to steady the ship, I hope he does this for the sake of Dartford fans and the town
The board need to go out and find further investment and try to engage more with the fans …..or move aside
Hope it turns around this season for all the community
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:15 pm
“It’s not been the best year”. Does he mean year, or season. Either one works. No, it’s NOT been the best of years/ seasons!

“Haven’t got recruitment right!” Really, you don’t say!? IMHO there’s probably no more than 6-8 of our players good enough for NLS. That though doesn’t make them bad players and as a unit they can give more. My opinion - poor management.

“We need younger players that are hungry”. Erm, Box, Boulton, Whitefield, etc. They maybe not yet ready to throw them in, but try them.

“Getting rid of Bonner and Essam, stalwarts of the club!” I’m sure he didn’t mean “getting rid of” (or maybe he did?) but how often last season did he throw one or both of them under the bus in his post-match interviews?

Listen, Dowse isn’t a bad person and I wouldn’t make this issue as personal as some have made it, but as the swell of opinion amongst fans shows, he’s not cut the mustard with us.

I’m all for and praise a Board backing it’s manager but when he starts to spout about lack of facilities and budget constraints (as he apparently did with BBC Kent yesterday) then words, at best, need to be had otherwise he’s just taking the p**s.

As I’ve said in a previous post on this thread I can see no way that Dowse is going to improve our season. It’s time then that the Board, as I know they will, to decide where we go from here. Back Dowse up to a point, but in my opinion we’re now past that point.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I could have a bash at tearing Dowsons post match interview to pieces but what’s the point. Just go man and give us our club back 😠