No votes
Alex Wall (Sub)
9%

Total votes: 22

Ajaxman DFC

Re: Dartford v St Albans City Sat 23 Dec 2023

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:48 am
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:14 am Initially I was delighted with Dowson's appointment. But I can no longer defend the indefensible. The Baris Altintop affair has all but done it for me. Which leads me to his previous tenure at Woking. He stayed out of the game after his sacking, timing his return to management on his own terms by giving an interview to the Non-League Paper stating his desire to go again with a new club.
In the interim was he just merrily spending his time in the local Working Men's club until Woking paid the remainder of his contract in full?
If that's the case he's still going to cost us whether he goes or not?
Unfortunately it's all irrelevant at the end of the day. The real bad news is Lord Irvine was overheard in conversation with a publican of a local bar, (post Yeovil) defending Dowse with the same excuses he uses in his post match interviews.
Injuries, bad luck etc. It was like listening to Dowse all over again.
So nothing's going to change. As with our second and third seasons in the National League, the board is again out of it's depth when it comes to making the right decisions before it's too late.
I can't see Dowse going anytime soon.
Empty terraces beckon.
Baris asked to leave he was struggling with the travelling as he lives In Sudbury and had been late several times for training Dowes wanted him to stay but agreed to let him go.
If you are going to slag our chairman off at least get his name right.
🥱🥱🥱
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:08 am
BRASSNECK wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:48 am
Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:14 am Initially I was delighted with Dowson's appointment. But I can no longer defend the indefensible. The Baris Altintop affair has all but done it for me. Which leads me to his previous tenure at Woking. He stayed out of the game after his sacking, timing his return to management on his own terms by giving an interview to the Non-League Paper stating his desire to go again with a new club.
In the interim was he just merrily spending his time in the local Working Men's club until Woking paid the remainder of his contract in full?
If that's the case he's still going to cost us whether he goes or not?
Unfortunately it's all irrelevant at the end of the day. The real bad news is Lord Irvine was overheard in conversation with a publican of a local bar, (post Yeovil) defending Dowse with the same excuses he uses in his post match interviews.
Injuries, bad luck etc. It was like listening to Dowse all over again.
So nothing's going to change. As with our second and third seasons in the National League, the board is again out of it's depth when it comes to making the right decisions before it's too late.
I can't see Dowse going anytime soon.
Empty terraces beckon.
Baris asked to leave he was struggling with the travelling as he lives In Sudbury and had been late several times for training Dowes wanted him to stay but agreed to let him go.
If that was genuinely the reason why Baris left then why didn’t Dowse just say that when asked the question in his interview, I don’t believe that for one second I’m afraid.
Exactly. Why did he sign in the first place?
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Like many , I thought we had turned a corner (again) 🙄with our performance against Torquay and although lucky to get a point against the league leaders Yeovil ,we stuck in there and were rewarded with a point , So to see the wheels fall off with dire performances against Tonbridge and St Albans has set us back again . This seems to be the norm this season , one step forward and two back , and it’s the two back that worry’s me . I am not sure how AD is going to resolve the problem? but the problem is of his own making so the writing must be on the wall for him unless we can somehow manage 4-6 points against Welling over the festive season ? A tall order for the Darts and who would have imagined saying that two seasons ago ? The Darcelona days seem a long lost memory, but those of us who’ve followed the Darts for decades will know we’ve been here before and one day the good times will return .
Happy Christmas everyone!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:31 am
The 5th Searcher wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:08 am
BRASSNECK wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:48 am Baris asked to leave he was struggling with the travelling as he lives In Sudbury and had been late several times for training Dowes wanted him to stay but agreed to let him go.
If that was genuinely the reason why Baris left then why didn’t Dowse just say that when asked the question in his interview, I don’t believe that for one second I’m afraid.
Exactly. Why did he sign in the first place?
He signed because he wanted to play for Dartford but found the travelling to much was told by Steve Irving.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Let’s be honest if we can’t beat Welling twice , we have more problems than we thought. They got beat 4/0 yesterday there forum tells a story . These wins tho will just paper over the cracks , Brasskneck u didn’t say that yesterday when I spoke to u , have u been feed the party line from the inner sanctum? 😂😂😂😂How easy would it be just to say that it was travel issues , and sto the rumours? Can u tell us why Barzley was sent out ? Can u tell us why the team sit upstairs after game with fans while manager sits downstairs in the posh bar? I went yesterday to get out of xmas shopping , Princess park at minute makes Bluewater look like a land flowing with streams of whisky
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:43 pm Let’s be honest if we can’t beat Welling twice , we have more problems than we thought. They got beat 4/0 yesterday there forum tells a story . These wins tho will just paper over the cracks , Brasskneck u didn’t say that yesterday when I spoke to u , have u been feed the party line from the inner sanctum? 😂😂😂😂How easy would it be just to say that it was travel issues , and sto the rumours? Can u tell us why Barzley was sent out ? Can u tell us why the team sit upstairs after game with fans while manager sits downstairs in the posh bar? I went yesterday to get out of xmas shopping , Princess park at minute makes Bluewater look like a land flowing with streams of whisky
Dont you start.😁
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Table for 3 booked for tomorrow in the Lake District at The Drunken Duck for Brazza, Dowza and Lord Ving.
Merry Xmas 😄
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Ffs sale stop blaming the manager the ref etc etc
It’s the board that needs a thorough overhaul
Parklife stop backing them and wake up and smell the coffee, that clubs going nowhere with this shambles running it , that’s the truth alienated the local community jobs for the boys
Sad times for all dartford fans far and wide
That means those that go regularly and those of us that live far away from
The area now
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

JCJ wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:29 am

Did I hear Dowse right he said we just need to go on a run to be where we want to be if not we will win it next year?
I thought it was just me! Can’t fault his confidence 😂

In all seriousness though, that’s either the talk of someone deluded and/or someone who knows he still has the backing of the board.

Ultimately, whether or not to sack him will be a financial decision. As long as the payout (edit: and cost of signing a new manager) outweighs the potential losses from low attendances or low league finish it’ll be worth keeping him.

That or the board genuinely think he’s our best chance at winning the league next season 😬
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

In player news someone has posted Archie Woods gone back to West Ham, his problem was his tendency to pass to one of his own team, his attacking ability and his vision, he is not the type of player we want at the club , fortunately Dowse will replace him with a 40 year old 7 foot three defender who once drove past Old Trafford