Archie Woods
No votes
Tyrell Miller-Rodney (Sub)
No votes
Baris Altintop (Sub)
No votes
Paul Rooney (Sub)
No votes
Park Life (for the match updates & the suffering of having to watch DFC week in, week out)
93%

Total votes: 42

Sleightly Deceptive

Re: Tonbridge Angels v Dartford Sat 16 Dec 2023

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Thought I’d show willing and make a return. Glad I did! Went back home at half past three! Another who won’t be returning until Dowse had buggered off.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

First tine I can remember leaving a Dartford match early . I hear AD started swearing at our supporters a full time . I hope that is not true .
As for the match it was like we had forgotten to play together again , an absolute abortion of a performance .
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

KSTDART wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:54 pm First tine I can remember leaving a Dartford match early . I hear AD started swearing at our supporters a full time . I hope that is not true .
As for the match it was like we had forgotten to play together again , an absolute abortion of a performance .
He’s done it before! I was the unfortunate victim! He isn’t even worth swearing at!
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

When we played Tonbridge at home they looked like a team lining up for relegation. People said they had to improve to stay up.
Well, guess what?
I know we're not a great squad but we are like Jekyll and Hyde.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

With today’s adjustment we are 5 points from playoffs and 6 from relegation.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

I’m not even going to take the night to think before I comment! Time is up for Mr Dowson, enough’s enough. Resign now or the Board should make the decision for you. That today was pathetic - not one shot at goal, poor defensively, weak, utter shambles.

Go now Dowson!!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

If proved that alone should get him the sack , if fans get thrown out for offensive language, so should a manager. Thing is he brings money into the club , has Tyler on board , and the board love his money. He’s going nowhere if we lose both welling games , King got sacked just for not mixing with fans, he can apparently swear at them not use the bar and everygame nobody can guess the team,makes blazeys loan look like a masterplan to keep us out of play offs
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

22 games in , 13th position and 5pts away from play ofs only due to ALL these other Clubs having huge budgets and playing crap , IF dowse doesnt beat St Albans and Welling twice then I maybe will get my birthday present on 4th January 2024 after all !!!!!!!

Get a new [ younger ] man in with modern/fresh ideas and build for next season , I/m sure most Darts fans would back that !!!!!!!!!!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Duke spot on, time to rebuild , thing is we will beat St Albans and beat a terrible welling team twice, the cracks will be papered over
Bagdhad Billy

Post by Bagdhad Billy »

The board are the issue have been since the con national days we are run like a club for mates with no ambition or desire to grow the crowd numbers tell you that alone!

Dowse shouldn’t have been given a 2 year contract after our Christmas onwards fall apart now he is too expensive to dismiss we need new leadership or we are going the way of Dover !
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

The Duke wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:23 pm 22 games in , 13th position and 5pts away from play ofs only due to ALL these other Clubs having huge budgets and playing crap , IF dowse doesnt beat St Albans and Welling twice then I maybe will get my birthday present on 4th January 2024 after all !!!!!!!

Get a new [ younger ] man in with modern/fresh ideas and build for next season , I/m sure most Darts fans would back that !!!!!!!!!!
That would be too late Duke. Has to happen now but n my humble opinion!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:28 pm The board are the issue have been since the con national days we are run like a club for mates with no ambition or desire to grow the crowd numbers tell you that alone!

Dowse shouldn’t have been given a 2 year contract after our Christmas onwards fall apart now he is too expensive to dismiss we need new leadership or we are going the way of Dover !
Disagree with your first point but agree with your second. This is a well run club - the Board though should admit they’ve got it wrong with this managerial appointment and do the right thing and make a change.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:17 pm If proved that alone should get him the sack , if fans get thrown out for offensive language, so should a manager. Thing is he brings money into the club , has Tyler on board , and the board love his money. He’s going nowhere if we lose both welling games , King got sacked just for not mixing with fans, he can apparently swear at them not use the bar and everygame nobody can guess the team,makes blazeys loan look like a masterplan to keep us out of play offs
Sorry LL, Kings sacking has got nothing to do with, absolutely no correlation with with this current debacle.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Bagdhad Billy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:28 pm The board are the issue have been since the con national days we are run like a club for mates with no ambition or desire to grow the crowd numbers tell you that alone!

The Overcoat Men by Mark Hodkinson. It's a good read. Rochdale AFC early 1980's.
There are similarities which I think you might find interesting.
If you're a member of Dartford library put a reserve on it.
It's out on loan with me at the moment as I'm reading it for the second time.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I didn't feel confident before the game, then hearing that Luke Coulsen wasn't available left me feeling really down before the ball had been kicked. Although we had most of the possession, I can't recall us having a shot on target, which in itself is bordering on the unacceptable. I have to agree with Duke, that we need a younger manager and that all we are doing now is just delaying the inevitable. I'm sick of all the talk of budget or we got this new player coming in and my personal favorite, oh Blocky is almost fit again blah, blah, blah. The constant revolving door policy of the last two manager's is itself a reminder of failed player recruitment. Even more baffling is the fact that our manager signs on at least 5 players who will probably play around 10 games between them the whole season. Now, if you were a shop manager, would you buy inventory that just sits on the shelf, because that is where our manager has done, he has tied up all the budget, with a load of dead stock.

The biggest problem we have now is that we have a manager who is suffering from muddled thinking and a revolving door policy that is spiraling out of control. Added to this, the club are loosing so many punters through the turnstiles, that I feel that a decision needs to be made in the interests of the manager as well as the club, sooner rather than later. Things just can't go on as they are, something needs to change as we are sick of this brand of dinosaur football.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Always enjoy playing Tonbridge as they are decent club and fans, however today was tough as we were never in it. They thoroughly deserved their victory.

Team selection didn't look right to me to start with. I've said it several times and still believe that Archie is not a wide player so not sure where he will fit in under Dowse, add to that i don't think Luke is suited to playing in a central midfield two and the lack of wide players available has been an issue all season. But under Dowse i'm use to seeing us line up with players in their wrong positions and an unbalanced squad with a lack of wide options.

As a unit our defence this season has gone missing at times and today was another example of that, add to that we never had a single shot on goal all game so it was another crap display under Dowse and there's been enough of those. I do feel though that the players we have are better than they are showing under the current management.

HT subs had little impact but couldn't get my head round being 3 nil down and taking your centre forward off and going with 5 in midfield. Maybe because Harvey had been booked but we had two other forwards on the bench?? Or maybe it was because Dowse wanted to protect the 3 nil defeat....

I can see Harvey's frustration and he needs to stay calm but that must be bloody difficult playing up front with the total lack of service he gets. In all seriousness i'm struggling to recall a single chance we've created for him in open play all season.

Listened to Martin Tylers interview on Radio Kent on the way home and felt embarrassed by what i heard. Apparently it's not an excuse but the most successful teams who get promoted play on plastic pitches?? What a load of crap and another excuse out of the Dowse/Tyler handbook, perhaps instead of moaning about the budget this week they'll have a moan at the board for having a grass pitch.

I'm really getting fed up with excuse after excuse when in all reality the only thing that needs correcting is the very poor recruitment we have witnessed in the last 18 months, oh and all the car crash interviews and the........... it's starting to sound like a Monty python sketch.

Can anyone honestly say that in the last 18 months we have improved as a side, the football is better or they're confident things will improve under Dowse? I know my answer....

But don't worry we're signing Uncle Tom Cobbly and Long John Silver next week and everything will be alright.

MOTM - Luke Coulson
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

More bad news for those loyal long term supporters…..but it’s the boards fault entirely
And it will not change until there’s a big shake up at that level
Most people saw this coming when mr Burman wasn’t backed in the national league
Baghdad billy has is it spot on, sad sad times for the local club
rambo

Post by rambo »

DFC are in a downward spiral when we should be getting better and better. Where we are now as a club is shocking and action is required
However,as regards Dowsons future I don’t think the Board will sack him when he has 18 months left on his contract. But I remind you of a famous Shankly quote. he was in his third season as manager and Liverpool had two near misses at promotion
He wanted to sign Yeats and St John and the Board said we can’t afford to buy them. Shankly said we can’t afford not to buy them. The rest is history
I say we cannot afford not to sack Dowson
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

To the Board (who I do trust and respect), please please please listen to us fans and do the right thing. We cannot put up with this crap anymore. Time is right NOW to make a change.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

100% not the boards fault IMO.
When Dowse was given the job i can't recall anyone questioning the decision and at the time it looked a good appointment.

The board will continue to get my full backing but I'll speak to them face to face and discuss things when i feel the need as they are approachable and will always listen. ANYONE can do the same if you're at the games.