News from around the National League South

Moderator: Gary C

JCJ

Re: News from around the National League South

Post by JCJ »

Not sure why some take enjoyment in a man getting the sack ,

Top manager for us got us to the playoffs every season he was here and no one else have done better than him since.

The Kingy debate needs to stop really but that has got to come from both sides.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

What a time to sack him, just before Dovre come to visit!
The French would’ve thought they were in for a win today, but H&W will probably go on some rudderless streak now :lol:
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Just one last word on this subject. For gods sake, how many more times do we need to explain that his removable from Dartford was nothing to do with the football on the pitch. It was all to do with events behind the scenes. This has been explained so many times that even explaining is getting boring now.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Chelmsford who were down to 10 men after Jazzi Barnum-Bobb's red card and trailing 2-0 against Bath City have some how turned things around and won 3-2!!.

Aveley were leading Farnborough 3-1 with 13 minutes to go before managing to lose the match 4-3.

Eastbourne Borough v Taunton was abandoned at half time due to thick fog. Taunton were leading 2-1 at the time.

Havant & Waterlooville won for the first time since August beating Dovre 4-3. I wonder how Mr King felt about that?.

Maidstone beat League 2 Barrow 2-1 in the FA Cup.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

John dc , what events besides the scene please explain.
KentC

Post by KentC »

JCJ wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:15 am Not sure why some take enjoyment in a man getting the sack ,

Top manager for us got us to the playoffs every season he was here and no one else have done better than him since.

The Kingy debate needs to stop really but that has got to come from both sides.
Don’t let facts get in the way of these moronic dimwits who have a go at King when we are experiencing what we are now. Some are so childishly pathetic and quite sad. Need to really get a life and move on but they don’t do they BN.

You say it’s got to come from both sides and I agree totally the only thing is it’s the idiots who are so obsessed with him and criticise him at every opportunity are the ones who go first.
When you have a small brain that’s what you do.

Remember, from possibly one of if not the most respected posters on here “ the best football I’ve ever seen at Princes Park”

How’s it going now with this utter dross and empty stadium BN?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Johndfc2 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:47 am Just one last word on this subject. For gods sake, how many more times do we need to explain that his removable from Dartford was nothing to do with the football on the pitch. It was all to do with events behind the scenes. This has been explained so many times that even explaining is getting boring now.

Yes mate but don’t confuse some people with very simple factual information.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Looking on the lighter side of football life. I was chatting to a guy at the gym last Thursday who is a Ramsgate supporter. Firstly he questioned my Black and White scarf and asked me if I was a Faversham supporter? Without waiting for the answer off he went into the things that were happening down at Ramsgate. All the money going in there, the ladies team, the youth etc etc. I couldn't stop him.
But I must admit, I was impressed. ' Don't tell me you're a Dover supporter' he went on. And off he went again, telling me about the improvements at the Ramsgate ground, the Chairman. And so it went on.
I saw on Brekkie television that the BBC are now banging the drum for the FA Cup match tonight AFC Wimbledon vrs Ramsgate. The normal 'kiss of Death' for Ramsgate , I thought.
When I left the gym with my ears ringing. I thought, I got away with that one. After reeling off a whole host of clubs that I presume play in black and white. He failed to mention the only one left. :D
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

The new interim manager at havant reminds me of mr . Motivater Can he motivate them rest of season , ifs and buts it’s why we love football
The Futures White

Dover have parted company with manager Mitch Brundle.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

He'll probably be back as assistant manager, or then again, he might not.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Leberl, who was assistant then left and then came back again as assistant, is now manager. Seems to have been a plan, but for how long?
I'm sure by the time they hit Isthmian South East they'll get their act together.
Dave T

Post by Dave T »

Is Parmenter still running the Dover circus?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I believe he is? Although it may be his son getting more involved now?
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

A few have mentioned King might go there, I would say highly doubtful!
The Futures White

Bath City play local rivals Yeovil Town this evening for the first time since 1995. The match is segregated for supporters and is a sell out.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

The Futures White wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:35 pm Bath City play local rivals Yeovil Town this evening for the first time since 1995. The match is segregated for supporters and is a sell out.
There was a big piece on BBC South West news about the game calling it the 'Somerset Derby'. Yeovil supporter interviewed was boasting about how they have filled every ground they have visited this season and how some of the grounds are c**p - wonder what he will say after he has seen PP
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Bath 0-1 Yeovil
Attendance 3639
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I wonder also Taunton, on that little snippet will there be segregation Saturday.?In a way, I hope not as I'd like to stand with some supporters. Quite a few Torquay supporters were quite welcome on the Princes road side. .
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

And got quieter and quieter as the dismantling of their team went on.😁