Lewis Manor (Sub)
No votes
Paul Rooney (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 26

Jonty

Re: FA Trophy 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Maidstone Sat Nov 18 2023

Post by Jonty »

Yes, it is not all about the money Lars. we have a great facility, which is unparalleled in Kent. Quite frankly, I don't want our club to be paying large sums of money on one player, like we did with Marcus Dinanga as an example. Yes, he was good but I didn't have any connection to him like I do with someone like Harvey Bradbury. I feel that he is the kind of player that is with us for the right reason, which hopefully we will find out by the end of the season.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Jonty wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:05 pm Yes, it is not all about the money Lars. we have a great facility, which is unparalleled in Kent. Quite frankly, I don't want our club to be paying large sums of money on one player, like we did with Marcus Dinanga as an example. Yes, he was good but I didn't have any connection to him like I do with someone like Harvey Bradbury. I feel that he is the kind of player that is with us for the right reason, which hopefully we will find out by the end of the season.
We didn't pay anything for Marcus Dinanga, he was on loan from Altrincham.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The Futures White wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:10 pm
Jonty wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:05 pm Yes, it is not all about the money Lars. we have a great facility, which is unparalleled in Kent. Quite frankly, I don't want our club to be paying large sums of money on one player, like we did with Marcus Dinanga as an example. Yes, he was good but I didn't have any connection to him like I do with someone like Harvey Bradbury. I feel that he is the kind of player that is with us for the right reason, which hopefully we will find out by the end of the season.
I didn't say we did, I was talking about his weekly wage. A player of his standard does not come cheap.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

U can have a huge budget and lose 4/1 two games in a row like Havant👍😂😂
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Jonty wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:01 pm
The Futures White wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 3:10 pm
I didn't say we did, I was talking about his weekly wage. A player of his standard does not come cheap.
Loan deal so it could have been any amount, however i'm certain it fell within the clubs budget.
Oh and he scored another two today.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 4:59 pm U can have a huge budget and lose 4/1 two games in a row like Havant👍😂😂
You must have an incredibly boring life.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

When do the bigger boys come in? Next round?
Our WLWLWLWL form (not strictly true) means we shouldn’t worry about that anyway, but you never know. It seems such a long time since we enjoyed a decent cup run and there’s a few grand up for grabs. It’s also our old foes, so I’d like to think the attendance should be around 1,000 today.
Great surface prepared by Jay and his team as ever, bring it on.
MickW

Post by MickW »

I already feel that my hopes for the season rest on this game. A win against this lot and a good cup run would cheer me up immensely.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Clare

Post by Clare »

Park Life

Post by Park Life »

HT 0-0.
Pretty even first half.
Clare

Post by Clare »

50/50 winning number 05122 £200
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Hilarious to see the idiotic w*nker who does nothing but constantly wave his little flag at every game get nicked by the Kent Constabulary. 🤣
Last edited by The Futures White on Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Subs:-
Odaudu for Statham
Manor for Wall
MickW

Post by MickW »

That's our main goal threat gone - prove me wrong please Mr Manor
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Attendance 1187
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Sub:-
Rooney for Woods
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

0-1
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Poor quality game, they edged the first half with not many chances, we were better in the 2nd half and had enough chances to win it just not enough quality when it mattered. Nobody would have been able to complain had it finished 0-0, we'd have lost on pens but it would have been fairer than that ending.

We were much better when Manor came on, he was winning everything and allowing others into play. Other than that we didn't have the quality in attacking areas

Miller Rodney is not a winger, we need to bring in another wide player because playing him there doesn't work in my opinion. He's very good when central and at the moment we are wasting him by not putting him there

Another year without a cup run.

My MOTM is Diarra, was very strong in the air and defended very well today.
Dart of Herts

Post by Dart of Herts »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:21 pm Poor quality game, they edged the first half with not many chances, we were better in the 2nd half and had enough chances to win it. Nobody would have been able to complain had it finished 0-0, we'd have lost on pens but it would have been fairer than that ending.

We were much better when Manor came on, he was winning everything and allowing others into play. Other than that we didn't have the quality in attacking areas

Miller Rodney is not a winger, we need to bring in another wide player because playing him there doesn't work in my opinion.

Another year without a cup run.

My MOTM is Diarra, was very strong in the air and defended very well today.
Agree with all the above. Miller-Rodney good with his feet but didn't have the pace so got muscled off the ball too much and really should have scored near the end in what I reckon was our best attack of the game.

While we looked alright going forward in the second half, we were equally scrappy at the back which eventually let us down (I think that sums up our season so far). Nemhard talks to midfield a lot which is great but he could do with talking to the other defenders a bit more.