No votes

Total votes: 34

Babylon

Re: Dartford v Chelmsford City Tue 7 Nov 2023

Post by Babylon »

To those Who want to see Dowson go ...
The old saying is........
"You can change the jockey but you can't. change the horse"
Imo.the squad needs sorting out as well .
Nowhere near enough quality and flare for me.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

You wouldn’t trust the person who bought that horse to buy you another tho!!😂
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Tony H wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:41 am
Matt85 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:34 am Harvey’s red was 100% deserved. Whether it had been going on all game or not, you can’t smash someone in the face with your elbow.
The officials were shocking once again but anyone who defends what Bradbury did clearly didn’t see the incident.
If it’s been caught on camera he’s in a lot of bother.
Actually thought we played a lot better after going down to 10 and had 2-3 good chances to get the equaliser.
Did you actually see the incident? I had a clear view of it from no more than 20 yards. Jenkins went at Harvey aggressively - Harvey had his back to him and no way would have seen Jenkins coming for him. Whatever contact was made between the two players was both accidental (on Harvey’s part) and incidental. Wil be interesting to see whether there’s any clear video footage of the incident, and if so whether Dartford appeal the sending off.
Yes Tony, I did see the incident, that’s why I posted.
I’m not for one second saying he wasn’t provoked, but he elbowed the guy as clear as day off the ball.
You don’t react the way Jenkins did if it was accidental.
I hope there isn’t any video evidence.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Matt85 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:47 pm
Matt85 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:34 am Harvey’s red was 100% deserved. Whether it had been going on all game or not, you can’t smash someone in the face with your elbow.
The officials were shocking once again but anyone who defends what Bradbury did clearly didn’t see the incident.
If it’s been caught on camera he’s in a lot of bother.
Actually thought we played a lot better after going down to 10 and had 2-3 good chances to get the equaliser.
Did you actually see the incident? I had a clear view of it from no more than 20 yards. Jenkins went at Harvey aggressively - Harvey had his back to him and no way would have seen Jenkins coming for him. Whatever contact was made between the two players was both accidental (on Harvey’s part) and incidental. Wil be interesting to see whether there’s any clear video footage of the incident, and if so whether Dartford appeal the sending off.
I’m not for one second saying he wasn’t provoked, but he elbowed the guy as clear as day off the ball.

The fact is the ref or linesman didn't see it otherwise play would've been stopped immediately. For the ref to consult the linesman 3 minutes after the incident purely because their player has reacted, and guess a red card is the correct decision, quite frankly is disgraceful.

Why haven't we put out a statement regarding their fan that entered the pitch? What are we doing to protect our players and staff.
Matt85

Post by Matt85 »

Mark Sweet wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:58 pm
Matt85 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:47 pm

The fact is the ref or linesman didn't see it otherwise play would've been stopped immediately. For the ref to consult the linesman 3 minutes after the incident purely because their player has reacted, and guess a red card is the correct decision, quite frankly is disgraceful.

Why haven't we put out a statement regarding their fan that entered the pitch? What are we doing to protect our players and staff.
Agreed.
They’ve guessed on the outcome based on the reaction and the cut the guy had on his head.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Mark sweet spot on.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

They may have to play games behind closed doors.
Result!!!🤨. It's heading that way anyway.
As for Dowse, I am getting fed up with his brand of football and also Martin Tyler's flowery take on things. I don't see a lot of Christian Jolleys after match talks, maybe he's learnt to keep his head down.
And as for getting the Aveley manager in. Why would he want to leave a team in second place to come to a grand stadium like PP that contains a team with about 4 decent players.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Steve Morison would be a fresh face with hopefully new ideas. But then again why? Would he want to come here?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I stood at one of the corners behind our goal second half. I was listening to two Darts supporters either side of me shouting and hollering across the pitch. It was like the scene from Rab C Nesbitt hollering across at his Spanish counterpart. I couldn't understand a word being said but talk about two people on the verge of a heart attack.
It was riveting, more entertainment than on the pitch.
Don't know how much more I can take of it.
F**king crap, the whole evening.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Babylon wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:07 pm To those Who want to see Dowson go ...
The old saying is........
"You can change the jockey but you can't. change the horse"
Imo.the squad needs sorting out as well .
Nowhere near enough quality and flare for me.

Spot on mate but his his horse, I mean squad. So he is responsible.
KentC

Post by KentC »

rambo wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 11:06 pm Fairly decent first half and I think we just about deserved to be in front at half time but it was not to be. Could easily hzvd been 2-0 up on 43 minutes following fine football from coulson and altintop with their keeper saving a decent effort but 20 seconds later it was 1-1
We came out for the second half looking half dead and at 2-1 down and one man off we may as well have all gone home and with 15 left that’s exactly what I did.
The antics of thd chelmo fan that got on the pitch twice was a disgrace. He should be banned from football grounds
Definitely a wasted evening
There must have been 300 chelmo fans so that makes about 600 darts fans for a Chelmsford game, that us horrendous
Motm between Beeney and Rooney so I chose Beeney

Out of that 600 darts there would be season ticket holders not attending included in that total as they are counted in. It’s worse than you think.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I like Mikey's confidence that we're going to get a result at Truro.😁⚽
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:16 pm I have not lost faith in the club and nor have all the fans I know.
PL you are my favourite poster and like so many on here a committed, loyal and passionate DFC supporter.
But even someone with your popularity and fellow loyal supporters there are still another 1000 at least and do you think a large proportion of these have not lost faith?
KentC

Post by KentC »

Since I started supporting Dartford I’ve never missed a Chelmo game until last night. I can’t bring myself to go because I just can’t stand the football and lack of any tactical nous.
I have no interest in supporting any other team that just can’t happen and I’m not, not attending because we’re not winning it’s the desperately poor style of play and his criticism of supporters that just make me have no interest in going and to be honest I’ve no idea when I will.

How’s that bringing the community together working out?
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

KentC wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:20 pm
Park Life wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:16 pm I have not lost faith in the club and nor have all the fans I know.
PL you are my favourite poster and like so many on here a committed, loyal and passionate DFC supporter.
But even someone with your popularity and fellow loyal supporters there are still another 1000 at least and do you think a large proportion of these have not lost faith?
Hi Mate,
I chose my words carefully and stand by them. I have faith in the club and I'm 100% certain the people who matter are desperate to get us promoted.
As for faith in the current playing side of things........
KentC

Post by KentC »

Park Life wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:51 pm
KentC wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:20 pm
Hi Mate,
I chose my words carefully and stand by them. I have faith in the club and I'm 100% certain the people who matter are desperate to get us promoted.
As for faith in the current playing side of things........

Fair enough mate
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

The one time u want to hear Dowse or somebody explain the shambles , nothing.Nothing about the potential violence on pitch from a fan , in fact king nothing of nothing land rules princess park.Who fancies paying 50 bar on a coach , 16 to get in a few beers and get back at a guess 11, to see Dowse leave our most talented players( coulson excluded) on bench? Maybe he can give the travelling fans a ride in his new car😂😂😂
Spike

Post by Spike »

There's a few critical comments on here where the posters talk about "happy clappers" and expecting to be "shot down", but I don't think that's likely because when it comes to Dowse and the squad, for the most part we are all on the same page. I don't believe there ARE any happy clappers, although I would consider many people like myself and Park Life as maybe UNHAPPY clappers. No boycotts for us, we are still going to be there cheering for our team home and away most every week, but that doesn't mean we are HAPPY with how things are on the pitch. The way I see it, we are a bog average side playing unattractive football in front of a dwindling crowd in a near silent stadium brimming with apathy. Of course that isn't good enough!

What I would say though, is that when Dowse was appointed to take over it was (putting the arguments about Steve King's derparture to one side) generally perceived as a good decision. I don't remember there being hordes of people on here complaining that it wasn't and I think the overwhelming majority thought the board had made a good choice. The fact that we have subsequently fallen from perennial contenders to mid-table nonentities is obviously disappointing to us all, but the appointment seemed sound at the time and it's easy to be wise after the event. It was a genuine decision made with the best of intentions and having made it, to some extent the club has to live with it, especially since Dowse came 2nd last season and though it seems unlikely, the play-offs are still within reach this term. There are also people's livelihoods, contracts and club finances to consider, so my expectation is that we will have to see how this season plays out, desperately hoping there's a dramatic turnaround and things suddenly fall into place. Next year? Who knows.

I'm setting off tomorrow for a few days in the west country, ahead of the Truro game at Plymouth on Saturday, but regardless of the result, I can't see us posing any sort of a challenge this season.
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I am a season ticket holder but I honestly believe that we have gone backwards this season
We are Nowhere near being a promotion hopeful.I have spoken to Dowse a couple of times and he seems like a decent bloke but I can't tell you how disappointed I am with this very ordinary squad that he has assembled.
Is it lack of finances?
Is it poor coaching?
Is it low moral or dressing room unrest?

No tin hat for me because I am not alone .there are several fans who are not going because of what is being dished up is simply not good enough.

We have no divine right to get promoted but we can hope and dream about promotion.
Unfortunately it ain't gonna happen with this present set up imho.
The main concern is the stay away fans.
I cannot speak for them but .my reason is I am not enjoying this season at all.