Post by Park Life »

butcheragano

Re: Dartford v Weston-super-Mare Tue 31 Oct 2023

Post by butcheragano »

A not convincing result, the more worrying thing was the crowd figure
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I am one supporter I cannot speak for anyone else.
I pick and choose my games because to be honest I am not enjoying watching the team
this season.
Mid table mediocrity and whilst I can't speak for other fans who aren't going regularly I think that there is not a lot to get excited about..
I was glad to see Dowse appointed but wether it is the budget or some other reason I simply do not think that we are anywhere near good enough to gain promotion with this squad.
TIN HAT ON but I am not the only one who thinks this way.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

I think AD needs to get some credit for making the change to the system at half time , we looked like a different team for the rest of the game . The ref was being assessed so I would say that contributed to him giving cards out for virtually nothing but some of the cards were ridiculous.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

rambo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:38 am
The gate of 658 was very alarming and the Board need to think about why. Looking around the ground I reckon 75% of the fans were like me old fogies , and that is not good for the future
Neither was banning the Yoof from General entry last season!!
Last edited by M1 South on Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Not sure we changed the "system" at HT.

We just played at a higher tempo and pressed them a bit more but still looked like 4-4-2 to me.
MickW

Post by MickW »

First off well done to the lads for scoring 4 goals though I'm not quite sure how we managed it.
It was nice to be the 'clinical' team for a change and to have the opposition squander so many chances.
Our problems ain't fixed but a win like that can't hurt confidence which I am regularly told is so important.
So good to see Alex back though very disappointing that he managed to get himself sent off. No idea what the bookings were for even though the first was right in front of me! He seemed to accept it without complaint so I guess he must have got up to some mischief.
He is a so much better player than Harvey - he can bully defenders, has a lot of guile and is able to create chances out of nothing. Such a pity that he has injury problems and that his best days are probably behind him.
Mom is a tough one but Jordan gets my vote for breaking up so much play in midfield and being one of the few who gets his pass to its intended destination with any regularity.
As to crowd numbers, a wet and blustery Tuesday night with a storm forecast would have a detrimental effect on any game.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

So why put out a side with so little width in the first half when we have seen this tried and fail soooo many times previously.
DartfordHero

Post by DartfordHero »

In terms of the Wall second booking, I stay seated that end and the number 12 for Weston dived. Wall didnt touch him or get anywhere close to him and the Linesman was just as useless as the ref who couldnt wait to go and book him for it. No verbals from Wall at all. In terms of the disallowed goal first half, it did appear that Manor climbed on the back on the defender and potentially the ref ruled it out for that
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

There coul of been no more than 500 , those around me thought just about 400
KentC

Post by KentC »

Lennylenny wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:09 pm There coul of been no more than 500 , those around me thought just about 400
Season tickets holders are recorded into the figure regardless so it’s paying public plus all season tickets

I think that’s right happy to be corrected if wrong but I know lots of clubs do it and even premier league clubs
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

First half was absolutely dire and had WSM had the right shooting boots on we could’ve been about 0-4 down, they was far more hungry for the ball and chased down everything.
Thankfully Beeney saved their penalty which seemed to liven us up a bit and it was just after that we managed to level at 1-1 from Rooney.

2nd half we seemed to play a lot better football and WSM looked as though they had run out of steam. We out played them 2nd half and managed to take a 4-1 lead but again on another day had they had the right boots they could’ve scored more and probably should’ve.

A 4-2 win looks good on paper but in reality we are only papering over the cracks at the moment and had we been facing a better team yesterday then the score line & result could well have been different.
Some poor defending with Nehmbard being caught out and out paced allowed Western to go 0-1 up and again for Westerns 2nd goal it was again poor defending and not clearing our lines.

We’ve got to stop picking up such stupid yellow cards as well, Wall for kicking the corner flag over and then walking away and Beeney booting the ball into touch out of frustration when WSM got their 2nd goal it’s stupid. Alex Walls 2nd yellow was a crazy decision by the ref because from where I was standing at the far end of the ground he clearly won the ball and the linesman didn’t flag & it was directly in front of him. The ref lost control and started chucking cards around & couldn’t wait to brandish the red.

Although we’ve got the win and 3pts it certainly wasn’t pretty stuff and we still need to rapidly improve.

Coulson gets my MOTM vote for scoring 1 and setting up 2.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Hopefully this win will do something for the team confidence but judging by some posts, not a lot for the supporters.😒
Nin

Post by Nin »

Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I don’t get a booking for kicking your own teams corner flag, was the flag hurt? I quite like the passion.Wall scored two but first would of been Harvey’s if my live view counts and second was a fluke , I prefer Harvey , my player of season so far. There number 10 first half was excellent , took the ball passed six yards got it back , passed it seven yards, got it back , found a opening passed it.Archie could do that for us , he not a winger, he’s the most talented player we got, give him free reign to ping a pass and I feel we will score goals
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

From watching the highlights I realised that Luke Coulson actually set up 3 of our 4 goals and scored one, I originally thought he’d only set up 2.

Alex Walls 2nd yellow was a very clumsy challenge and no real need for it but the ref was sucked in by the WSM player who went down so easily knowing Alex had already been booked. The ref couldn’t wait to brandish that red. I hope the assessor tore a strip off the ref and gave him a shit mark.

Those highlights made us look better than we was in that 1st half, amazing what can happen when you cut a 90 minute game down to 10 minutes.
Ring of fire

Post by Ring of fire »

Consistency to have 3-4 consecutive wins and avoid late loss of points, have been lacking. Hopefully, last night's win will give players and us all the Confidence to see the coming fixtures as successfully as possible.
On Weston Super Nightmare, the assessed Ref bought into their dreadful dives all over the pitch, hence the poor yellows / red, which incensed the great majority of the 658 faithfuls... However, justice was served and despite the terrible outdoor conditions, we were all glad to be present and thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd half performance especially and the 3 points, into Top 10!
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Credit where credit due Dowse does not have a tea that pretend to be hurt.Referes have got to book play acting , there bald number five cheated and don’t know why keepers try to goad fans like yesterday when he was terrible. I’m pleased ours don’t cheat
Spike

Post by Spike »

It was a bizarre game, Weston played some good football, particularly in the first half when they ran us ragged at times. I'm not a huge fan of Mitch Beeney, but I acknowledge that for the second game in a row, he kept us in the game. Had he not saved the penalty, then I think our visitors would have been out of sight and it could have been a very different outcome. But, he DID save the penalty and our equaliser was a quality goal, from open play, a real thing of beauty. That changed everything and in the second half we improved massively and stepped up the workrate significantly. Our increased tempo unsettled Weston and their pretty passing game started to look far less effective as we applied the pressure. Ironically, having criticised the Darts for not playing enough football, I found myself thinking that Weston were playing it around too much. In the end, we ran out comfortable winners and deserved the three points. Credit where it's due.

MOTM: Luke Coulson
Darren

Post by Darren »

M1 South wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:14 am
rambo wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:38 am
The gate of 658 was very alarming and the Board need to think about why. Looking around the ground I reckon 75% of the fans were like me old fogies , and that is not good for the future
Neither was banning the Yoof from General entry last season!!
They wasn’t banned. If they were serious about supporting the club then they would’ve registered for the youth membership. The fact they haven’t probably confirms what many were thinking, that they were only there to cause trouble.

Some people are not going to like this but the main reason crowds are down is simply down to the dire football that is being served up. In the middle of a cost of living crisis, why should people give up their precious money if they don’t get value for it?