5%
Emmanuel Sonupe (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 39

Park Life

Re: Dartford v Oxford City Sat 13 Nov 2021

Post by Park Life »

dartLion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:44 pm
So standards, Park Life, I have to call you out when you said, "by Park Life » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:35 pm
Sub Leonard off, Sonupe on" - but Leonard wasn't on the starting team sheet?
Hi dartlion,

I have no official capacity whatsoever and just a fan watching the game trying to help keep people informed who can't make it.
I try to post accurate info but do get a little excited during the game and admit got that sub totally wrong yesterday.

If others at the game also post the subs, goalscorers etc. it would help.
Last edited by Park Life on Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Oxford were the best team I have seen season to date and the fact we got a draw after the bad injury to Luke Allen, on top of the current injuries and missing Husin makes the draw even more remarkable. We were the better team but we still gave the ball away too easily, in fact Luke's injury came by the way of a loose pass. MoM was Jernade for me, he has been our most consistent player but I also had Jebb in the mix for his second half showing. All in all, this was the best game I have seen this season, with great support from the terraces and half decent crowd to boot.

SK has to make some big decisions this week, especially on Hyde and Ronnie, who is getting rave reviews at Dulwich Hamlet. DH are one of three teams who can overtake us and it would make sense to destabilise them by recalling him. SK needs to move a few players on and possibly get in loanee at right back and maybe another forward. We can't rely on one man to score our goals.

Now onto the ugly side of the forum; I can see that it was Pimm's o' Clock time again last night. They say the Leppard never changes its spots...well, this Zebra never changes his stripes. It was disappointing to see personal attacks on Brian & Rick on a posting that only stated the obvious of the "T@liban" governing Afghanistan. For the record, I thought that all sports had been taken off the table over there and I was surprised to hear that Husin was on international duty, which is good to hear that he can still represent his country.

Please carry on posting Brian and Rick. Initially, I was concerned whether the new forum would maintain its high standards but Rick has done an amazing job but now might be a good time to get out "The Black Ball Bag".
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

No lack of effort from our team and Oxford are a very
Good team but what concerns me this run of poor results.
Injuries,suspensions and international duty have taken
their toll.
But this is a tough league and there will.be lots of twists and turns before next May

I trust in Steve King and hopefully he can get us back on track asap...
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

A decent performance, perhaps a little unlucky in the second half not to get a goal, a solid point against a decent team who’s form is very good. Yet, so much negativity on here. Beggars belief!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

One of the most entertaining 0-0 draws i have seen.

Credit to Oxford who didn't park the bus, had a real go at trying to win the game and looked one of the best teams we have faced this season.
Considering the amount of absentees we had and a few players playing out of position plus the early injury to Luke.A we put in a very good performance (poor Luke really does deserve a turn in fortune, like all our midfielders is a very good player and offers something different).

Whilst both teams looked dangerous on the attack they also defended very well and why it ended 0-0. How we didn't score in the last 20 minutes though is purely down to some outstanding defending from Oxford, the clearance off the line from the full back and the save from their keeper down to his left was excellent. Add to that Jebb hitting the crossbar and Ade's disallowed goal we really did have a go and looked a real threat going forward again.

It's a really tough division but we are very well placed and will be in the mix at the end of the season. Last few weeks have been much improved performances and when we start getting players back confident we will start winning games again.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Tony H wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:07 am A decent performance, perhaps a little unlucky in the second half not to get a goal, a solid point against a decent team who’s form is very good. Yet, so much negativity on here. Beggars belief!!
Agree 100% Tony.

However i think you will find we have an old "friend" or two from the previous forum who have taken the opportunity to register under different names.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Any one know the winning 50-50 numbers yesterday or confirm its been claimed , I was so enthralled at the match I forgot to check !!!!!
Clare

Post by Clare »

The Duke wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:48 am Any one know the winning 50-50 numbers yesterday or confirm its been claimed , I was so enthralled at the match I forgot to check !!!!!
Hello, yes the prize was claimed.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Without a doubt the best ever 0-0 draw I’ve ever seen. A good advert for the League and both clubs for the neutral. One of whom was my Bro who was visiting for the weekend. He thoroughly enjoyed it and was surprised by the quality of football, and our facilities and fans.

We started slow again and that was exacerbated by Luke’s injury. But we could, and should have been 3 down before we finally clicked.

And then the same run of pure bad luck:

1) We always seem to have opposition keepers having their best games ever against us. No change with this dude. He pulled off the most amazing save.

2) Then we hit the bar (again!!) and one cleared of the line and another goal ruled out for Ade offside.

3) A very poor and weak referee who should have cautioned at least three Oxford players before he booked Conner(?) for dissent. That shows the ref had lost it. I’m sure they should have had a penalty too.

But overall we did extremely well. Oxford were superb. They didn’t need to resort shithousery but it crept into the game towards the end and I think that’s what the booing was all about. I was at the car park end for the second half and I didn’t spot or hear any negativity from our fans towards our boys. I didn’t spot any proverbial red flags.

I said to Tony H at half time that I’d happily take a 0-0. And I happily took it. I left the ground happy at ‘winning a point’ rather than, ‘losing two’ like last week. That was a solid performance and without some star players and I don’t see much to be worried about. We’re still capable of winning this league. The others will have slip ups too. But it’s gonna be tight with the likes of £bbsfl££t, Oxford City, St Albans and Dorking up our arses. Christmas and New Year will sort out the cream from the rest of the milk.

Now, as for this forum. I love this place and Gary and Rick(?) do and have done an amazing job. It really is my ‘back page’ read every day. Please guys and girls (?) don’t bail out because of one ‘excitable’ chap. He is a Darts fan too. Just read and move on. Or comment and move on.

Forums are all about opinions. Keep it going.
JW Dart

Post by JW Dart »

Totally agree with you Sleightly, one of the best goalless games and credit to Oxford for being attack minded visitors.
One incident in the first half which could have had serious implications later was the needless yellow card by a certain player for vehemently arguing with the referee over a foul not given. It did look a foul but when do referees at this level ever change their mind or consult their assistants.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

JW Dart wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:30 pm Totally agree with you Sleightly, one of the best goalless games and credit to Oxford for being attack minded visitors.
One incident in the first half which could have had serious implications later was the needless yellow card by a certain player for vehemently arguing with the referee over a foul not given. It did look a foul but when do referees at this level ever change their mind or consult their assistants.
If it's the certain player I believe you're alluding to, then a player of his experience should have known better. His own performance wasn't exactly one of his best either. Far too casual at times with one easily intercepted pass almost leading to an Oxford City goal.

I'm also beginning to wonder if we've signed a one trick pony from The Peter Sweeney School of Ballet Dancing for Senior Professionals.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Steve's post match interview:-

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ypJdEzmpPRxW
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Agree with others Oxford looked the best team we have played all season. They seemed super fit and worked
very hard in closing us down, then passed the ball crisply in possession. At half time I would have taken the
draw but at the end, felt we should have won it, with our improved second half performance. Apparently
Luke has a very bad cut knee, could be out for a while. Meade has the player of the season in the bag already,
excellent signing.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Had to text the wife while standing at the end of the game. '0-0 here but a bloody good game of football'. Thought City were going to be a smart side and they didn't disappoint. But at the end we had them on the rack and I think they were glad of the final whistle.
The initial cock up in defence early on by Conor was quickly forgotten as the game went from end to end at a blistering pace. Shame that Jordan is injured as it would free up Luke (or Danny) to do what they are good at, as for Luke's performance yesterday I thought he did a fine job.
Once again for me Kieran got caught out a few times in dangerous area's and the game could have gone away from us with his poor passing. Having said that the second half, we were (all) rampant and City looked less dangerous as the game went on.
Theobald had a super game for his debut and Luke and Josh Hill shone for me.
As for this thread it has dipped slightly and some people are giving themselves away here. For me Rambo says it how he see's it but there are 2-3 on here that are a total waste of space and will probably have people/fans not bothering in the weeks ahead. Sadly.
My MOTM goes to Hill who I thought had an outstanding game. :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

As for Steve's (PL) cock up re Leonard, this is to be expected as he was the only supporter at Chesham when we were playing Cheshunt. :D
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I thought at the time that Azeez wasn’t offside when he headed that goal & been proved right.
It’s where he is when the shot is hit by Jebby that counts, not when it comes back off the crossbar!
The Lino got that well wrong…..again!!
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:27 pm As for Steve's (PL) cock up re Leonard, this is to be expected as he was the only supporter at Chesham when we were playing Cheshunt. :D
Behave Ozzy..... :lol: :lol:
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Park Life wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:04 pm Steve's post match interview:-

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1ypJdEzmpPRxW
Spot on Mr King 👍 we’re a little light in numbers for sure at the moment but we have a squad that is still, for me, capable of putting a few wins together and consolidating top spot, putting all the pressure on the chasing pack. Our two games with Ebbsfleet over Christmas will be massive (sorry to state the obvious!)

So buzzing for Saturday now a Hemel that will again be tough but games can’t come around quick enough for me. COYD.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Match highlights:-

https://youtu.be/twLb-Mv0Qvw
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

Didn't realise what a great saving tackle Luke had made when he got injured.