No votes
Luke Allen (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 38

rick
Site Admin

Re: Dartford v Havant and Waterlooville Sat 21 Oct 2023

Post by rick »

Maybe I need new batteries for my hearing aid that I don't have, but I can't hear anything on the highlights video.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

This comment from Havant made me smile lol

”” Jay The youth have no chance under king just signs his mercenaries.””
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Where is that posted?
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Kentc your post is absolutely spot on
A club run by mates for mates
And the usual posters spouting crap
“I like Dave and co” old school
Yep old school and out of date
I posted my opinion and got the usual bullshit answer but no reply to my question from the usual brown nosers here
Whilst some people post sensible opinions on the Dartford games , a lot have the same blinkered views because “we’ve been supporting dfc man and boy”
Wake up a smell the coffee this club will go absolutely nowhere until there’s big changes FACT
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Neither Jebb or Agyepong did anything in the game to change things at all yesterday.
Jebb was clean through on goal a 1 v 1 with Beeney and he tried to lob Mitch but put the ball over the bar.
That was the closest he got and to be honest I didn’t even notice Agyepong in the game at all.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

They aren’t the players they were on yesterday’s showing , that’s for sure!!
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:59 pm Where is that posted?

On their own FB page , seems like they have him worked out already 😁😂🤣
Llamaman

Post by Llamaman »

It has been a long time since I have put fingers (2) to keyboard, but there have been interesting comments about the running of the club of late. I think the current board have done a good job, they are not perfect, but then who is? Outside investment would be more than welcome I am sure, whether by an individual or an organisation. But I think the current set up of the club would make that quite unlikely, as any investor would have very little influence on how their money was used. A weakness if the investor is of the Bromley, Chatham ilk, a strong point if of the Billericay, Southend type.
I can't imaging the Wrexham or Gillingham takeovers would have happened without the new owners having complete control & hopefully if/when they move on both clubs are stable & carry on their joirneys. The other worry is what follows a good owner, all can go smoothly or it can all go belly up as the likes of Gretna ( owner taken seriuosly ill, Scottish Cup Finalists to being out of business in months) or Bolton (a father being followed by a disinterested son). Of course that doesn't mean a set up like the Darts can't mess up & ruin a club, but would think there is less of a chance. Another thought is would the Council be so generous to the club if it's constitution rent wise was changed? So if change is to be made some campaigning needs to be done by those who think it for the best so shareholders can vote on it. Who's right or wrong? An almost impossible question to answer.
I can't say too much about how the team is performing having seen so little of them since March 2020. Enjoyed the Dover, Welling & Havant games as entertaing matches, Harrow for a nice day in the sun, but Slough was a poor offering. Doubt if I will attend any games in the foreseeable as the cold weather kicks in, can't cope with the cold now after a run of debilitating illnesses & the onset of arthritis. Hopefully an early warm spring in 2024 will find me back at PP. A final observation Mr Dowson has been accused of calling the fans idiots, that not quite the case when asked about comments on the forum he said there are 1 or 2 idiots but most are as good as gold, a sentiment that was being echoed by many & I believethere were removals from the forum. So as I always like to look on the bright side Alan Dowson says the fans are 'as good as gold'.
Good luck to everyone & hopefully the Darts can get settled & start to perform in a way that pleases all who support & follow the club in whatever way they can.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Park Life wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:12 pm It was on twitter first and i believe posted by an ex player, The Sun have just reported on it again today.
sun211023.jpg

https://www.havantandwaterloovillefc.co ... 3-10-2023/

"Following a number of Social Media posts this week, the club can confirm that a letter written under the name of “The Gaffer” titled Social Media Breach is complete fabrication and not written by Steve King, Manager of Havant and Waterlooville FC.

Released onto the platform ‘X’ (formerly Twitter) under the username @nonleaguerobber also known as an ex-player to this football club, Shaun Wilkinson.

The fact that this fabricated letter was circulated on World Mental Health Day, which could have a detrimental effect on a person’s mental wellbeing, is staggering.

The club are considering legal action against any individual making libelous statements against a member of our club."
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Never the less it's great to hear from you again Llamaman. Taking on board the scenarios, fancy you mentioning a Scottish club :D Did you read in the NLP the situation at South Shields? The present owner overseeing the take over there as he is stepping down because of ill health. They look a team destined for the National Premier.
Hope your health picks up and you get back up to PP soon.

As for the highlights of the H&W game, if they were poor we made them look threatening and dare I say it, equal to us. But SK certainly has his work cut out. The one disappointment is we didn't get hold of Cookie in the Summer but having said that Mitch did make some vital saves on Saturday.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

Havant have posted they are taking legal action about this. We held the moral ground till this, does anyone really believe it? King can be a cock but really over cakes? As a ex manager who was penalties away from taking us to conference from relegation , he deserves more respect. End day we all football fans to post things from a paper who slandered the dead and injured at hillsbourgh, is below us
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

Having viewed his behaviour first hand at Dartford I fully believe fully he is capable in principle of acting this way. He creates division and although the figures quoted may be an exaggerated amount I’m sure the story is based on fact. Didn’t realise on Saturday also just what a coward he is. Hiding in the dressing room until ko and then skulking out to hide in the dug out. So funny to see his acolytes respond after the match still desperately slagging off the club from under the rock😀😀😀
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:53 pm Havant have posted they are taking legal action about this. We held the moral ground till this, does anyone really believe it? King can be a cock but really over cakes? As a ex manager who was penalties away from taking us to conference from relegation , he deserves more respect. End day we all football fans to post things from a paper who slandered the dead and injured at hillsbourgh, is below us
Isn’t he a friend of yours?
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

I'm quite surprised that nobody commented on the ref's performance. I thought that he was equally bad for both teams and just let too many fouls go by. There was a blatant push on Havant's first decent chance, which was just baffling and on another day could have cost us. The most surprising aspect of the match was the amount of possession we had over our opponents, this is one area where i believe we are better this season. I think this has something to do with the new players at the back, they seemed to be very good on the ball and drive out of defense.

Also good to see Llamaman back with a good post to boot. On a sidenote, I have not seen any posts from Silverado of late, hope the fella is okay.
Last edited by Jonty on Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Probably with a lot of others got fed up with all the in fighting and twaddle over the last few seasons.
Only saying..
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Johndfc2 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 pm Having viewed his behaviour first hand at Dartford I fully believe fully he is capable in principle of acting this way. He creates division and although the figures quoted may be an exaggerated amount I’m sure the story is based on fact. Didn’t realise on Saturday also just what a coward he is. Hiding in the dressing room until ko and then skulking out to hide in the dug out. So funny to see his acolytes respond after the match still desperately slagging off the club from under the rock😀😀😀
I think you just hit a nerve John.🤣🤣
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Lennylenny wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:53 pm Havant have posted they are taking legal action about this. We held the moral ground till this, does anyone really believe it? King can be a cock but really over cakes? As a ex manager who was penalties away from taking us to conference from relegation , he deserves more respect. End day we all football fans to post things from a paper who slandered the dead and injured at hillsbourgh, is below us
The paper are reporting what is already out there , its not like they made it up . It came from a Havant player ( possibly ex player now ) several days before the paper picked it up and ran with it . It went viral.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

I watched an interview with King on the Havant site leading up to this game and he was asked about his time at Dartford.
He seems to think he was unfairly treated by the club in the end with the way things ended up.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The 5th Searcher wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:53 pm I watched an interview with King on the Havant site leading up to this game and he was asked about his time at Dartford.
He seems to think he was unfairly treated by the club in the end with the way things ended up.
Must have been this: