Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

Lars Resort

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by Lars Resort »

Noor Husin called up for Afghanistan again. I'm sure that will be good news for a lot of Afghans at the moment. But well done Noor.
Also , just a footnote, Lee Worgan is retiring from football. He who has always been a pain to beat in goal for Scum and Tonbridge. Mind you, he is 40 next birthday so not surprised. Always a good keeper.
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:18 pm
The Futures White wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:54 pm It appears that Steve King is building a team of ex Darts at H&W. Since his arrival he has signed Tom Bonner, Jack Jebb, Jacob Berkely-Achempong, Michael Kedman and Reice Charles-Cook. Former Dart loanee Kai Innocent was already at H&W.
Kedman one of kings dodgy signings.
Signed from a danish club apparently.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

KingKong wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:28 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:18 pm
The Futures White wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:54 pm It appears that Steve King is building a team of ex Darts at H&W. Since his arrival he has signed Tom Bonner, Jack Jebb, Jacob Berkely-Achempong, Michael Kedman and Reice Charles-Cook. Former Dart loanee Kai Innocent was already at H&W.
Kedman one of kings dodgy signings.
When we signed him he was playing in Iceland had to get international clearance for him to play.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

BRASSNECK wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:24 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:18 pm Kedman one of kings dodgy signings.
When we signed him he was playing in Iceland had to get international clearance for him to play.
Kedman had been playing for Throttur Vogar who are in the third tier of Icelandic football until the season finished last month.
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I bet he had a whale of a time there!!
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

The Futures White wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:54 pm
BRASSNECK wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:24 pm

Kedman had been playing for Throttur Vogar who are in the third tier of Icelandic football until the season finished last month.
he was at Aalborg in denmark according to havant site.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Femi Akinwande leaves Hastings.
The Futures White

DA1 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:25 pm Femi Akinwande leaves Hastings.
.....and signs for Hornchurch.
The Futures White

Marvin Hershel has signed for Braintree Town.
The Futures White

Ali Mansaray has signed for Phoenix Sports.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

If he counts as a player of the past, Idem who was on the bench the other week seems to have signed for Welling as he's on their bench tonight.
Aprouddart

Post by Aprouddart »

A friend of mine invited me yesterday on a boardroom hospitality package to Southend vs Ebbsfleet.
Good to see our old player Noor Husin play again, he looked very comfortable at that level. Also
good to see Ebbsfleet loose 3 - nil. In other Dartford connections meet again John Still who is Southend's head of football,
also talked to an ex Southend player David Crown, who's brother Nicky Crown played for Dartford in the 80's, he said Nicky,
always says Dartford were the best club he played for.
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Tom Bonner just lost his weeks wages after being sent of tonight in Havant’s 4-1 loss at home to Averly
Skip

Post by Skip »

Aprouddart wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:00 pm A friend of mine invited me yesterday on a boardroom hospitality package to Southend vs Ebbsfleet.
Good to see our old player Noor Husin play again, he looked very comfortable at that level. Also
good to see Ebbsfleet loose 3 - nil. In other Dartford connections meet again John Still who is Southend's head of football,
also talked to an ex Southend player David Crown, who's brother Nicky Crown played for Dartford in the 80's, he said Nicky,
I remember Nicky Crown. Not a bad winger but can’t recall what manager(s) he played under?
KingKong

Post by KingKong »

Skip wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:33 pm
Aprouddart wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:00 pm A friend of mine invited me yesterday on a boardroom hospitality package to Southend vs Ebbsfleet.
I remember Nicky Crown. Not a bad winger but can’t recall what manager(s) he played under?
It was john still.
Skip

Post by Skip »

KingKong wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:25 am
Skip wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:33 pm
It was john still.
👍
The Futures White

Cameron Brodie has left Chatham for Phoenix Sports.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Not suprised when I watched him in Chatham recent home game v Carshalton he was poor and way out of his depth , just another promising lad from our Academy who hasnt progressed , shame perhaps for the benefit of the the 1st team budget we should transfer cash spent on Academies as sure as hell [ other than for Community PR] it aint money well spent !!!!!!!!!!!
Johndfc2

Post by Johndfc2 »

This stupid comment really annoys me . The Academy is brilliantly run as you would see if you made to come and see them on a Wednesday afternoon and well worth the investment. It’s hard to bridge the gap between the Academy and the Conference South but somehow we can do it . The likes of Sam Oduado and Olly Box are the result. If we can bring even one player through every season it will be a success. See u up there tomorrow against Dover Duke
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Enjoy watching the lads John as they are very good for their age , trouble is virtually none of them over the years have become anywhere near a regular for the Darts 1st team , 2/3 have gone on to play League football but only I we got a fee for so unlike Chelsea who make a lot of money from their Academy we dont have the same luck !!!

Game of opinions I have got mine you have yours !!!!!

No further comment