James Golding (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 30

rick
Site Admin

Dartford v Tonbridge Angels Sat 23 Sep 2023

Post by rick »

Dartford v Tonbridge Angels Sat 23 Sep 2023

Ground - The Bericote Powerhouse Princes Park, Grassbanks, (off Darenth Road), Dartford DA1 1RT

Dartford FC official sites:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/dartfordfc
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DartfordFootballClub/
Radio: https://mixlr.com/dartsfc (if on air)

Tickets: https://dartfordfc.ktckts.com/event/dar ... dge-angels

Season Preview: https://puredfc.co.uk/season-preview-2023-2024-17

Unofficial sites:
https://puredfc.co.uk
https://thedarts.eu

Tonbridge Angels
Twitter: https://twitter.com/tonbridgeangels
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tonbridgeangelsfc
Forum: http://www.tonbridgeafc.co.uk/forum/

Referee: Lewis Sandoe
Assistant Referee: Dane Johnston
Assistant Referee: Tolu Sangowawa
dartfordknight

Re: Dartford v Tonbridge Angels Sat 23 Sep 2023

Post by dartfordknight »

Having not been to the FA Cup game as i wasnt paying £16 to watch the rubbish football we are playing atm , i hope to return with the season ticket and see some heart from our team ...i think all the excuses are used up now if we can't beat Tonbridge at home i think we really are going down !
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Well, we can't beat Welling or Slough. No disrespect to either club as they thoroughly deserved their wins.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Lars Resort wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:22 pm Well, we can't beat Welling or Slough. No disrespect to either club as they thoroughly deserved their wins.
But we drew top of the league and beat the 4th place team focus on the positives not the negatives like some on here do.
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

BRASSNECK wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:05 pm
Lars Resort wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 3:22 pm Well, we can't beat Welling or Slough. No disrespect to either club as they thoroughly deserved their wins.
But we drew top of the league and beat the 4th place team focus on the positives not the negatives like some on here do.
👍👍
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I do admire the eternal optimists in here. It makes for refreshing reading but there’s not one ounce of me that can ‘focus’ on a draw at home with Bath and, dare I say it, a fluke, last ditch, win at Aveley with all the shit that has gone on in between and since. The negatives massively outweigh the positives. And something has to be done. A friend pointed out to me that if you’ve been going to a reliable restaurant for a long time and then, all of a sudden, they served up a load of rubbish three times out of every four visits, you probably end up making a decision to not bother. I’m getting very close to that. And it ain’t the restaurant!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:22 pm I do admire the eternal optimists in here. It makes for refreshing reading but there’s not one ounce of me that can ‘focus’ on a draw at home with Bath and, dare I say it, a fluke, last ditch, win at Aveley with all the shit that has gone on in between and since. The negatives massively outweigh the positives. And something has to be done. A friend pointed out to me that if you’ve been going to a reliable restaurant for a long time and then, all of a sudden, they served up a load of rubbish three times out of every four visits, you probably end up making a decision to not bother. I’m getting very close to that. And it ain’t the restaurant!
Its easy supporting a team when they are doing well it’s a true supporter who follows a team through think and thin.
👋👋👋
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Sleightly Deceptive wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:22 pm I do admire the eternal optimists in here. It makes for refreshing reading but there’s not one ounce of me that can ‘focus’ on a draw at home with Bath and, dare I say it, a fluke, last ditch, win at Aveley with all the shit that has gone on in between and since. The negatives massively outweigh the positives. And something has to be done. A friend pointed out to me that if you’ve been going to a reliable restaurant for a long time and then, all of a sudden, they served up a load of rubbish three times out of every four visits, you probably end up making a decision to not bother. I’m getting very close to that. And it ain’t the restaurant!
Remember BW Army got banned from this "freedom of speech" forum because of continuous negativity. Seems to me there are several on here that owe him an apology, after all, he was right on a number of occasions and now we see the true result. Just saying. Up the Darts
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

brassneck: I guess you are accusing me of not being a true supporter. I can see why. But you are wrong. I just don’t want to give up my day, and money, to see shit. I’ll be back ‘to the restaurant’ when they ‘change the chef.’ But as a ‘true’ supporter, I’m guessing my philosophy is out of your sphere. Your ‘true’ supporters will dwindle to about 500, if that, the way things are going. And I applaud everyone one of them. I’m also a true supporter and will be back when all this shit has gone away. I won’t be going to Welling, or, heaven forbid, the other direction. I’ll wait it out. Because I can. 👋 👋 👋 See you then.

Dartlion: what’s his face was ‘right’ on many occasions. But I suspect, as do many others, he was a trolling supporter of another club. The power of the internet huh?

As they say, Up the Darts!
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

dartLion wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:09 pm
Remember BW Army got banned from this "freedom of speech" forum because of continuous negativity. Seems to me there are several on here that owe him an apology, after all, he was right on a number of occasions and now we see the true result. Just saying. Up the Darts
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I was only stating a fact. If you call the positives dropping a two goal lead and a 96th minute winner positive then all well and good. I suppose beating the mighty French is a positive too..
But one thing I am not is a B&WArmy.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

It’s quite sad that supporters are turning away from going to see the team but got to say I don’t blame them the style of football is pretty dire but it’s just not style and the results it’s Dowse promises correct me if I’m wrong but who was it who said

Judge me next season when it’s my team not going well at the moment is it

In a recent interview he mentioned he knows he needs a different type of forward and was in talks to bring one in, I believe it was after the slough game where is that player?

He complains about injuries but signed two players that are injury prone,

I feel if Coulsen, Bassley we’re fit why we’re they on the bench did he really take the FA Cup game seriously, if he didn’t why not the club needs the money, why did we only have 2 home pre season games surely we should have had more to bring in more money .

Back to the thread now if we get don’t get a win Saturday I would expect Dowse to resign if not the club need to act
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Sounds as though dartlion is one of Santa's little helpers as regards getting supporters ousted from the website for posting like the moron that was.
It's a bit chilling when people go down that route instead of getting their head out of their arses and admitting there is a problem with team performances.
Hopefully Dowse will do what he says and get the team back on track but he does have a task on his hands.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

The proof of Dowse's metal as a manager will be in the next 5 or 6 games. If he doesn't change things dramatically in that time then he is a one- truck pony with no capability of coming up with a plan B
dartfordknight

Post by dartfordknight »

Been supporting Dartford since 1986 and still a season ticket holder but im not paying £16 for cup matches when were this bad....i want us to turn it round but cant really see dowse doing it to be fair ! Hopefully he proves us all wrong but the longer it goes on the less people will turn up week in week out.
Kebabus

Post by Kebabus »

Another must win since erm last week.

Our style of football is awful, now I see the board have given our geordie friend a vote of confidence, will they please provide him with the funds to bring in a Noor Husin type midfielder please.

If the form and hoof ball continues we will lose even more of our fickle fans, hard-core of about 700 remain.

I'm super confident of the boards rallying cry and predict a 5-0 win for the Darts.

Enjoy Darcelona guys. I'll look for the result after a number of cld ones here in Algarve.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I'm very confident of getting a result.
dartLion

Post by dartLion »

Lars Resort wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:34 pm I'm very confident of getting a result.
Well done, I'm sure it will be a win, lose or draw! :roll:
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Despite all the doom and gloom on here, I am still looking forward to the game and on paper we still have some very good players and if we have a full squad to choose from then I would go with the team below, based on what I have seen so far this season. If we go 3-5-2 then I would not mind seeing Baris playing a similar role to what Jordan plays.

Beeney

Block Golding Diarra Altintop

Barzey Miller-Rodney Allen Coulson

Manor Bradbury

I don't think it will be a pretty game as both mangers are very old school defensive types and the game could well be decided by the team who kicks the ball highest and longest. Only kidding, I expect Barzey and Coulson to get plenty of balls into the box and if they can do that I would expect our 2 forwards to get the job done. Let's all stand together, get behind the boys and get the 3 points. COYD
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Just edging my bets dartlion.🤔