No votes

Total votes: 27

Park Life

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by Park Life »

Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Have to mention the young wannabe football thugs , all around 11 or 12 years of age who somehow think verbally abusing an elderly welling fan was a cool thing to do ( their language was vile to say the least ) Not sure how they managed to get in on their own unless DFC have relaxed the rules on unattended minors ? but we don’t want these horrible little scrotes at our football club .
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Our past successes have been built on stability.
Not by sacking managers every other season. It's not the Dartford way.
Steve King and Alan Dowson are two top managers. So what's the point in bringing in yet another successful manager at this level. The club will just be wasting the man's time.
The board has taken us as far as it can. You won't see a high maintenance wife or super model girlfriend in our boardroom. This league gets stronger every season and our current position reflects that.
We can't compete like we used to. And without stability at managenent level the only place we"ll be going for sure is back to the Isthmian League. Where we'll just become a luxury version of Corinthian Casuals, with our ground becoming every one else's cup final.
And equally as bad could find ourselves pushed further down the pecking order among our Kent rivals, if we end up trading places with Chatham next summer.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:09 pm Our past successes have been built on stability.
Steve King and Alan Dowson are two top managers. So what's the point in bringing in yet another successful manager at this level. The club will just be wasting the man's time.
The board has taken us as far as it can. You won't see a high maintenance wife or super model girlfriend in our boardroom. This league gets stronger every season and our current position reflects that.
We can't compete like we used to. And without stability at managenent level the only place we"ll be going for sure is back to the Isthmian League. Where we'll just become a luxury version of Corinthian Casuals, with our ground becoming every one else's cup final.
And equally as bad could find ourselves pushed further down the pecking order among our Kent rivals, if we find end up trading places with Chatham next summer.
…and your point exactly is????????
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

Top Cat wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:04 pm Have to mention the young wannabe football thugs , all around 11 or 12 years of age who somehow think verbally abusing an elderly welling fan was a cool thing to do ( their language was vile to say the least ) Not sure how they managed to get in on their own unless DFC have relaxed the rules on unattended minors ? but we don’t want these horrible little scrotes at our football club .
Well said. Unfortunately most clubs have these wannabe football thugs. They’ve probably been banned from our local EFL clubs and latch onto their nearest NL team
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

Ajaxman DFC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:09 pm Our past successes have been built on stability.
And equally as bad could find ourselves pushed further down the pecking order among our Kent rivals, if we end up trading places with Chatham next summer.
Exactly your well worded points are absolutely spot on
It doesn’t matter who is appointed the board are the reason this club is where it’s at, national
South and no further , unfortunately
Top Cat

Post by Top Cat »

Ozytalksbull wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:19 pm
Exactly your well worded points are absolutely spot on
It doesn’t matter who is appointed the board are the reason this club is where it’s at, national
South and no further , unfortunately
Sorry there’s nothing unfortunate about where this club is at , the current Board are that very reason we still have a football club . Most of the gripes on here are purely because of the lack of quality football at this moment in time , something that can be hopefully rectified ? Most of us know there is a limitation to our clubs ambitions , just like 99% of the other non league clubs around the country .I’m not calling for the managers sacking , all I want is to see something resembling a good footballing team , not the hoof it and hope rubbish .
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

I will NOT have a go at the board.
As has already been said ....there wouldn't be a DFC without them.
But I do believe that we were spoilt when
Tony Burman was our manager.
He is DFC through and through.
and was totally commited to the club.

I don't know what the budget is but to me it does seem like a merry go round as far as the playing staff are involved.

A different era I know but TB had his nucleus in Bradbrook, Burns,Noble,Hayes and Harris.

I have been a suppoter for 60 plus years and I can't remember when a time when we had (what seems to me ) such a lack of interest and team spirit on the pitch.
I am not calling for Dows's heaf but unless his players start playing for the shirt then this shambles will just continue.
Tin hat on.....but that is how I see it.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I think he should go , but if he turns it round FairPlay. This is his team , handpicked, no inherited long contracts, I don’t think they are bad players , they just seem scared to touch the ball( mind u I would be incase I got roasted in a dowse interview, which seem now so edited it’s funny).Tonbridge seem worse than us , so win that , it may give the players confidence. It’s funny how it’s always the bad fans that are mentioned on a forum, myself and a few clapped every Welling fan out of the stadium with a huge well done, there are plenty of nice things at Dartford fc off the pitch, lots of nice people ,long may it continue
Hitchin Dart79

Post by Hitchin Dart79 »

I have followed this season from afar but are we good enough to have coulson on the bench? Surely if he’s fit he has to play , even if out of form as otherwise how does he regain form and confidence?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Sorry Lenny, I wouldn’t applaud a Welling/Webbedfeet/ Maidscum/ Chelmo fan if they pissed on me if I self combusted!!
(A case of Dowse-ing the flames I suppose?)
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

I agree on three out of that four😂😂😂
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

I suppose going out to a classy goal like W***ing’s third is better than going out on a Tuesday night replay?
Always look on the bright side and all that!!??
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

That's true DA, we can now concentrate on the league ;) ;)
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

...and finishing 5th from bottom??!!!
Undercover Elephant

Post by Undercover Elephant »

But with comments like the below it does make you wonder?

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... re-293577/
Rixsto

Post by Rixsto »

In all games we have won 2 in the last 20 how long do we continue? Especially as every interview he seems to have is a carbon copy of the previous ones "individual error" "no leader" "defensive mistake".

I'm not one to normally comment but when you see the solution coming from the board is to find fans that own instruments and encourage them to bring them to the ground to get some atmosphere going you must start asking questions.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Rixsto wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:13 pm In all games we have won 2 in the last 20 how long do we continue? Especially as every interview he seems to have is a carbon copy of the previous ones "individual error" "no leader" "defensive mistake".

I'm not one to normally comment but when you see the solution coming from the board is to find fans that own instruments and encourage them to bring them to the ground to get some atmosphere going you must start asking questions.
Well, the answer to one of those questions is it'll certainly make it sound like there are more people in the stadium than there actually are.

No doubt a consignment of Vuvuzelas will be available from the club shop very soon.

Followed by the cardboard cut outs behind the goal and the crash test dummies in the seating area.

You couldn't make it up.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

What evidence do we have that Alan Dowson is a “top” manager?
Dicky Dart

Post by Dicky Dart »

Lennylenny wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:54 pm I think he should go , but if he turns it round FairPlay. This is his team , handpicked, no inherited long contracts, I don’t think they are bad players , they just seem scared to touch the ball( mind u I would be incase I got roasted in a dowse interview, which seem now so edited it’s funny).Tonbridge seem worse than us , so win that , it may give the players confidence. It’s funny how it’s always the bad fans that are mentioned on a forum, myself and a few clapped every Welling fan out of the stadium with a huge well done, there are plenty of nice things at Dartford fc off the pitch, lots of nice people ,long may it continue
Why would you clap opposition fans? Weird.