Alex Wall (Sub)
7%
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 27

Lars Resort

Re: FA Cup 2nd Qualifying Round - Dartford v Welling Sat 16 Sep 2023

Post by Lars Resort »

I totally agree with danson7. We are not good enough and Dowse has no room for manoeuvre. If he stays he is going to have to prove what a good manager he is. . But at this moment in time it is very worrying.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

It's okay to say he needs to go but who is there out there.
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:39 pm It's okay to say he needs to go but who is there out there.
Me for starters!
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:39 pm It's okay to say he needs to go but who is there out there.
Sorry Lars, but that comment is total nonesense and typical of those that sit on the fence. There’s many a manager that would give their right arm to manage Dartford - fact!
KentC

Post by KentC »

It’s a fair question.
But it is someones job to monitor situations and have a plan B if required even if it’s temporary.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

The board have nothing to be ashamed of .Steve Irving at least had the bollox to come upstairs and face fans. We sacked king one of the reasons was he didn’t use the bar or players, today bar was packed with welling players , so where was Dowse and his karaoke?Lukecame up , thank u
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:43 pm The board have nothing to be ashamed of .Steve Irving at least had the bollox to come upstairs and face fans. We sacked king one of the reasons was he didn’t use the bar or players, today bar was packed with welling players , so where was Dowse and his karaoke?Lukecame up , thank u
And you have just exposed your identity as that Paul Hurley idiot that bangs on about King on twitter.

Go and support Havant (who also lost today, and have sold one of their key players which seems to be your main issue)
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:44 pm
Lennylenny wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:43 pm The board have nothing to be ashamed of .Steve Irving at least had the bollox to come upstairs and face fans. We sacked king one of the reasons was he didn’t use the bar or players, today bar was packed with welling players , so where was Dowse and his karaoke?Lukecame up , thank u
And you have just exposed your identity as that Paul Hurley idiot that bangs on about King on twitter.

Go and support Havant (who also lost today, and have sold one of their key players which seems to be your main issue)
Mark, you’ve got that 100% wrong my friend. Be careful how you accuse people.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

KentC wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:43 pm
It’s a fair question.
But it is someones job to monitor situations and have a plan B if required even if it’s temporary.
The temporary solution will be Burman, I think deep down we all know that. I just don't think that is going to be any better than what we have at the moment.

If people are going to suggest sacking Dowse then I'd at least like to see suggestions to replacements to go with those statements.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Tony H wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:46 pm
Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:44 pm

Mark, you’ve got that 100% wrong my friend. Be careful how you accuse people.
Apologies if I have. Paul Hurley always goes on about King and the lack of use of the bar so I assumed the connection
rambo

Post by rambo »

I forgot to say why was Archie taking corners , clearly he cannot put the ball in the right place so why keep taking them ,obviously if coulson is on the pitch he will take them but Archie of someone else should have said this is a job for another person
Last edited by rambo on Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tony H

Post by Tony H »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:49 pm
It’s a fair question.
The temporary solution will be Burman, I think deep down we all know that. I just don't think that is going to be any better than what we have at the moment.

If people are going to suggest sacking Dowse then I'd at least like to see suggestions to replacements to go with those statements.
There would most certainly need to be a temporary/ caretaker Magee in place until a permanent recruitment is made and yes, Tony Burman (as last time) would appear to be the obvious short term arrangement.

I’d like to see Christian Jolley remain at the club but the rest of the wasters can go (this doesn’t include the medical staff and kit men who are all Dartford people).

We can all name potential managers on here and it wouldn’t be fare of me to name those that would give their right arm for the job. The Board wiill go through a rigorous recruitment process.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Tony, what I'm saying is, whatever 'good' manager is out there, he's not going to sort it out on the budget. And probably wouldn't touch DFC because of it.
rambo

Post by rambo »

If Jolley came with Dowse then he must go if Dowse goes. Thd problems in personal tactics and quality is the fault of all thd coaching staff not just Dowse
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

My view on the game:-
Started the 1st half ok, were on top and worth our 1 goal lead. But then Welling came back into the half and no surprise they equalised. Not much in the first half but neither side looked that great or deserved to be in front.
Second half we somehow got in front early on but other than the last 5 or 10 mins didn't really create or do much else, another poor display against a team in the RELEGATION places who were also on a poor run of results.
Once Welling realised how bad we are and that they could actually win a game they grew in confidence and it was absolutely no surprise they won.
The difference between the two sides....... they had a few players who can carry the ball with pace whereas we are a one paced team playing football akin to the dinsoaur age.

We've got four target men/centre forwards but i don't think there's a decent partnership between them as they're all two similar. We're conceding goals, we've got no width, no pace, create hardly anything from open play and the list goes on and on........

Lewis Manor MOTM as he did his job and imo there is no other player who could even be considered.

My view on everything else:-
10 games in and we are nowhere near as good as last season, in fact we are getting worse and these are "Dowse's signings".
The question that has to be answered is if you feel Dowse has the ability to turn things round and should be given the time to do so????
Very very worrying times.
Last edited by Park Life on Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozytalksbull

Post by Ozytalksbull »

A real shame for the diehard fans that give them fair dues we’re very upbeat before the game
I kept scrolling on here whilst I was busy with family business today
Gutted they didn’t get the right result…..if Mr Burman does take the reigns again I might be tempted back to princes park again, but I think that will not happen
Anyhow I hope the results start improving very soon
For the supporters coyds
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:49 pm
It’s a fair question.

That’s someone else’s job who has contacts and has their finger on the manager pulse through knowledge and experience within their role.

This isn’t a knee jerk reaction this has been getting to a point where it is untenable.
If we’re at that point or if we get to that point or we don’t ever need to because things improve it’s obviously the decision of the board.

This is part of the boards role and I still trust them to do what they believe is right, that’s part of their job.

I have a different job that I’m pretty good at but this is not it.

It’s naive at best to think there’s not people out there even if it’s temporary.
Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

If Dowse loves this club , he goes and resigns as a honourable man
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

I was once a Hakan Heyrettin fan but successive foul ups and him turning into a whinger put pay to that. Forget Burman, Bonner and Jolley. Christian talks a good game but I think he is loyal to Dowse.
I haven't enjoyed Alan's reign but he did give me a good Christmas and New Year. I don't like the football it always seems laboured all over the pitch. Some decisions regarding players didn't sit right with me and his interviews were torturous.
Obviously things are not going well and for the life of me I can't see him getting us out of a pickle any time soon as his players in his squad are just not good enough. Has he got it in him to motivate these players? Who knows?
Having said all that if DFC could drag Steve Morison away from Homchurch I might be interested in the rest of the season. Not saying he's the answer, but he's new to non league and seems to have a good approach to the game.
I will be at the game Saturday but I am not very confident of the right result. We shall see.
Buzz stop

Post by Buzz stop »

A decent Derby. Slow start from Welling Utd and Dartford deservedly took the lead. Welling pretty much had the upper hand for the rest of the first half and equalised from a beautifully taken free kick from Papadopoulos just before halftime. 2nd half Welling continued to have the better of the play and were sucker punched when Dartford went back in front. Again Welling grabbed back control and equalised again after great play from full back Green Papadopoulos slotting home. Then came the move of the match from Welling Papadopoulos finishing off a superb move. Dartford huffed and puffed after that but couldn’t blow Welling Utd’s dominance away.
Dartford are a well run club. Dartford regularly play Welling pull their pants down and thrash their arris. Today wasn’t your day. Welling Utd were better. It’s one game where us Welling Utd fans can leave your gaff happy. Take heart coz that doesn’t happen very often. Pretty sure Dowsen will have irons in the fire to sort it all out. It could be worse you may get Mark Goldberg trying to take you over. Perhaps he might like to take Dowsen’s job.