Dartford Players of The Past

Moderator: Gary C

The 5th Searcher

Re: Dartford Players of The Past

Post by The 5th Searcher »

He left Bromley at the end of the season as he couldn’t agree terms, doesn’t say that he’s signed for anyone.
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Jake Robinson made his first come back for Worthing on Monday getting in some minutes after being out of the game injured for 388 days..
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

Sorry DA, not like me to miss a chance !!
Been on the road all day but
fair play to you!! x
KSTDART

Post by KSTDART »

Steve Butterworth is losing his job as East Thurrock have folded . Sad news all round .
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Fulham have loaned out Martial Godo to Wigan.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Tonbridge have signed [again] Jordon Greenidge , a striker who scored plenty of goals for them last season , seems like he was still attached to Hemel but NOT getting into their squad !!!!!
The Futures White

Hashtag United have signed former Dart Alfie Cue from Concord Rangers.
The Futures White

George Purcell, who has being playing for Redbridge, has announced his retirement from football.
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

Pierre Fonkeu grabs Oxford City’s fourth and fifth in their 5-2 win over Hartlepool and Samir Carruthers bags a 90+4 minute own goal just as Chelmo looked to have shared the spoils at Plainmoor (2-1). That must have been an interesting journey home for him.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

As for Pierre rattling in a few for City, a few on here weren't exactly full of praise for him after his apparent failure towards the end of last season. But then once you're out of favour under the present management, there is no way back. I quite liked Pierre, thought he was a powerful young player. Just the sort of player we are short of at present. :roll: City took a gamble on him and it looks to be paying off. Good on him.
PeteSamson

Post by PeteSamson »

Always disappointed that Pierre never seemed to be given the opportunity of an extended run in the side, especially as I was his kit sponsor. I only managed to see the one game at PP last season, and that was coincidentally the league game v St Albans on 22 April. As it happened, Pierre came off the bench and went on to score the winner! Perhaps we needed him yesterday.

Fortunately, I was able to meet up with Pierre after the game, and a thoroughly likeable lad.

Looks like Oxford saw something in him, and in the higher division too, that Dowse didn't. But well done to Pierre on taking his chance, even though he is sometimes on the bench for them.
Skip

Post by Skip »

I have just been informed of the passing of ex-Dart Bob Taylor on 12 September. Unfortunately, my copy of the Dartford FC history book is still packed away since my move so I’m unable to confirm Bob’s playing record but believe he signed from Gillingham where I think he may well have been one of the Gills record goal scorers. I think Bob played for the Darts in the early 60s. Perhaps someone would be kind enough to publish his Dartford playing record on here? I’m sure there will be a few of our older number that will recall Bob in his Dartford heydays?
Skip (now residing in Suffolk)
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

Skip asked

Yes I remember him
1961-62 to 1963-64 Signed July 1961 from Millwall and left to go to Tonbridge September 1964 along with Johnny Bourne & Malcolm Pyke
46 appearances 27 goals 1961-62
42 appearances 19 goals 1962-63
46 appearances 22 goals 1963-64
Skip

Post by Skip »

Trevor B wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:50 pm Skip asked

Yes I remember him
1961-62 to 1963-64 Signed July 1961 from Millwall and left to go to Tonbridge September 1964 along with Johnny Bourne & Malcolm Pyke
46 appearances 27 goals 1961-62
42 appearances 19 goals 1962-63
46 appearances 22 goals 1963-64
Cheers, Trev. 👍
GordonRoadDart

Post by GordonRoadDart »

Very sad to hear this news about Bob Taylor. I believe that he scored in both matches against Exeter in the famous FA Cup victory in 1961.
Trevor B

Post by Trevor B »

GordonRoadDart said
Very sad to hear this news about Bob Taylor. I believe that he scored in both matches against Exeter in the famous FA Cup victory in 1961.

Yes two in the Saturday away game at Exeter with a crowd of 6162 and one in the Wednesday home game and yes a crowd of 6739 for the afternoon home game (for those who don't remember shops closed half a day every Wednesday and we had no floodlights until the 1963-64 season)
I was 12 and my dad wouldn't let me skive off school for the replay but he did go to both games
GordonRoadDart

Post by GordonRoadDart »

Trevor B wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:02 am GordonRoadDart said

Yes two in the Saturday away game at Exeter with a crowd of 6162 and one in the Wednesday home game and yes a crowd of 6739 for the afternoon home game (for those who don't remember shops closed half a day every Wednesday and we had no floodlights until the 1963-64 season)
I was 12 and my dad wouldn't let me skive off school for the replay but he did go to both games
The Darts lineup in both matches brings back some memories!

Bourne
Redmond and Newstead
White, Mabey, and Howells
Pacey, Taylor, Ackerman, Fletcher, and Adams
Skip

Post by Skip »

Trevor B wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:02 am GordonRoadDart said

Great memories for you, Trev. I arrived on planet earth (Fleet Estate, to be precise) November the following year so no school or thoughts of skiving!
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Not around at that time but heard TrevB tell many stories about what a real hard nut Alf Ackerman was , maybe the strategy was that " Alf softened em up " and Bob Taylor laid in wait and scored the goals ?????

Sounds like [real ] football great times !!!!!!!!!
RogerChapman

Post by RogerChapman »

[Now they were the good old days at Watling Street.
Remember them so well when I was a lad.