No votes
Luke Coulson (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 20

Mark Sweet

Re: St Albans City v Dartford Sat 9 Sep 2023

Post by Mark Sweet »

Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:08 pm
KentC wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:48 pm For the immature idiot who kicked the bin over, you’re a complete muppet.
For the immature idiot who peed up the back of the stand, you’re a bigger muppet.

Two absolute embarrassing little morons who can not handle their beer should stick to orange juice.

It’s a shame you can’t be banned from PP and remember in your thick little pea brain when you travel away you are representing the club.

Dickheads the pair of you, you’re a complete embarrassment .
Agree mate, they were a total embarrassment. They had too many beers and their behaviour was appalling.
I'm pretty sure they are the same two who are on the club twitter saying they tried to "clap" the players on the team coach when they were there to slag them off, plenty of people/officials who witnessed it and spoke to them. Thankfully, before the players arrived they left. Wouldn't be a bad thing if they didn't come again.
Were they the same ones that gave Dowse abuse that he referred to in his interview?

I'll never agree with verbally abusing any of the club staff no matter how bad things are. Wasn't comfortable with it on Tuesday when a few hurled abuse towards Dowse as I was walking past, and I'm disappointed to hear it happened again today.

I hope the meet the manager does go ahead on Tuesday and those true fans can have a proper discussion with Dowse in an organised fashion. He will know he's under pressure and will be determined as anyone to sort this out.
rambo

Post by rambo »

I am pretty sure hitting the woodwork is missing the target and worth nothing
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

If you take today's game in isolation, we did deserve something from it. But we're nine games in and only out of the relegation zone on goal difference so quite clearly somethings not right.

First half they started the better and had a fair bit of possession but didn't really trouble us too much. We got stronger as the half went on and probably had the better chances.
As for the second half, we did have a few good chances again but we're not getting the results or playing that well and it's just more of the same from us.

We had decent support there today and it was tough just watching in that heat, so credit to the players for keeping going as i can only imagine how hard it must have been playing in it. Which made it baffling why we left the substitutions so late, especially after going behind??
So MOTM for me was Harvey, our only real goal threat who worked his socks off up front and unlucky not to get on the scoresheet. IF we can supply him with DECENT possession/chances i'm sure he would get us 20+ goals a season.

Listened to Dowse's interview and again just don't think he's connected with the fans. Sure there is a mix and a few "IDIOTS" but the vast majority are decent, loyal and can see what's going on but i worry he's driven a wedge between us that may be beyond repair.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

In the current situation I really cannot see the point of having a "meet the Manager " as many [ incl me] have switched of from listening to him for the many reasons listed on here by the sensible/ genuine fans .

Dowse needs to get his Management team together and formulate a positive plan from what his Group thinks and NOT just that he " knows everything ", IF he were to keep his mouth shut and his ears open he would learn more take a[ very] low Media profile and get it sorted !!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want him out [ yet] but he has to turn the corner and feeding the fans bulls#t and having a happy Community Club NOT the way forward ?????
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

The Duke wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:04 pm In the current situation I really cannot see the point of having a "meet the Manager " as many [ incl me] have switched of from listening to him for the many reasons listed on here by the sensible/ genuine fans .

Dowse needs to get his Management team together and formulate a positive plan from what his Group thinks and NOT just that he " knows everything ", IF he were to keep his mouth shut and his ears open he would learn more take a[ very] low Media profile and get it sorted !!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont want him out [ yet] but he has to turn the corner and feeding the fans bulls#t and having a happy Community Club NOT the way forward ?????
Just turned on my phone to catch up with the events of yesterday and to say its put a dampner on my holiday is an understatement. For this reason I think the meeting should go ahead and everyone needs explain to him in person what is expected of him as our manager. We need to clear the air before the divide becomes irreparable.

For the record, I don't want Dowse out as he a decent guy but something clearly needs to be sorted out, especially these ad hoc interviews.
KentC

Post by KentC »

The impression I get is. ‘ I’ve got loads of good experience so I know best’
Of course that’s true or one of us would be doing the job but it doesn’t mean we don’t know anything.

Sometimes the best managers can get it wrong and sometimes the supporters can be right.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

The prayers obviously didn't work Jonty. :D
Nin

Post by Nin »

KentC wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:52 am Sometimes the best managers can get it wrong and sometimes the supporters can be right.
but we are forum idiots, what do we know
i must get my "i'm a forum idiot - dowson says so" cap and t-shirt printed :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

He may be a decent guy but sometimes states the obvious (over and over again). He may be a good manager but maybe at places like Kingstonian. You could say he did a good job at Woking, but as he points out, if he hasn't got the budget he will struggle.
If he can turn this predicament around, good luck to him but all through last season it was a stop/start affair and to be fair to him he got a not great team into 2nd place. Quite an achievement in my eyes. Even when he got his management team talking up the side towards the play-off matches there was still a lot of doubt around the ground. Fancy the fans having some doubt :roll:
At this point I'd like to point out that Ozytalksbull??? is no relation. Just for the record.
I am not a fan of Dowse's ways and tactics but at this moment I support him (at this moment, who else is there?). I hope for one he'll get us out of this. Although as he's pointed out to all and sundry on here and at the club it's a tougher Division this season. Something I pointed out to him, could be the case, a month before last season ended. Although, I must admit, I'm no manager. I'm an idiot.
In a way, I'm glad we didn't get promoted, you have to wonder what would be the situation/mess, had we.
I haven't been to many games, mainly because I'm enjoying the Summer still. But the games I have been to , even to some extent last season, is Dowse's style of football keeps me away.
And on that point, I am a Steve King fan and I'm quite sure even with all the problems down at Havant they will not be below us for much longer.
I am a Dart's fan, believe me.
COYD's
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Can I make an order please Kentc? :D
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

PS. As pointed out we are only 11 points behind the leaders. But we haven't exactly played the form clubs either.
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:50 am The prayers obviously didn't work Jonty. :D

Not even Duke's prayer mat works with this bunch.
Fred OLness

Post by Fred OLness »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:14 pm
Park Life wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:08 pm
KentC wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:48 pm For the immature idiot who kicked the bin over, you’re a complete muppet.
For the immature idiot who peed up the back of the stand, you’re a bigger muppet.

Two absolute embarrassing little morons who can not handle their beer should stick to orange juice.

It’s a shame you can’t be banned from PP and remember in your thick little pea brain when you travel away you are representing the club.

Dickheads the pair of you, you’re a complete embarrassment .
Agree mate, they were a total embarrassment. They had too many beers and their behaviour was appalling.
I'm pretty sure they are the same two who are on the club twitter saying they tried to "clap" the players on the team coach when they were there to slag them off, plenty of people/officials who witnessed it and spoke to them. Thankfully, before the players arrived they left. Wouldn't be a bad thing if they didn't come again.
Were they the same ones that gave Dowse abuse that he referred to in his interview?

I'll never agree with verbally abusing any of the club staff no matter how bad things are. Wasn't comfortable with it on Tuesday when a few hurled abuse towards Dowse as I was walking past, and I'm disappointed to hear it happened again today.

I hope the meet the manager does go ahead on Tuesday and those true fans can have a proper discussion with Dowse in an organised fashion. He will know he's under pressure and will be determined as anyone to sort this out.
Sounds like the usual culprit on Tuesday, old Doom & Gloom.
Stands between halfway line and the eternal fan, balding with a beer gut.
Been going for donkey's years.
KentC

Post by KentC »

ozymandias wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:19 am Can I make an order please Kentc? :D

Sorry mate that’s gone over my head
I got it, bit slow sorry
Last edited by KentC on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Brundle says changes are to be made down at Dover. At least Dowse is quicker off the mark than our Kent rivals.
Nin

Post by Nin »