DARTFORD 2 FULHAM 1

Ajaxman DFC

DARTFORD 2 FULHAM 1

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

As with the game versus Dulwich, Darts are looking like a first half team.
I've been watching our ladies team on and off for a while now. Unfortunately I can't yet put names to faces. That's partly my fault as I don't tend to use the excellent Champions Bar on match days.
The team has been constantly improving and I'm enjoying supporting the team more and more.
I did hear the girls had been pumping a bit of iron in the gym during preseason.
If so it's paid off as they have looked physically stronger than the opposition so far this season.
I'm just a bit concerned that during the second half they seem to run out of steam and appear to be off the pace.
Basically it looked to me that there were more than a few a tired legs out there in the second half. I also heard one of our players ask the ref how many minutes were left when there was still 17 minutes of normal time to go.
The Fulham team, on the otherhand, were energetic throughout. Fortunately they were unable to utilise that energy to any effect apart from pulling a goal back as Dulwich Hamlet did the previous week.
Lacking in stamina is something that can be easily addressed with a few good hard runs on the training field. Everything else is there. Both first halves against Dulwich and Fulham technically were very good.
Our centre forward has always been a handful. She out-muscled the opposition to take her goal really well, before providing the assist for the second.
I was also very impressed with our number 11 at left back today. She rarely put a foot wrong and was the epitome of total calm, tidiness and composure with more than a few timely interventions.
I'm already looking forward to the next game.
Last edited by Ajaxman DFC on Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbarker

Re: DARTFORD 2 FULHAM 1

Post by sbarker »