Lewis Manor (Sub)
No votes
Baris Altintop (Sub)
No votes

Total votes: 36

KSTDART

Re: Dartford v Farnborough Sat 19 Aug 2023

Post by KSTDART »

Absolutely gutted with that , what a stupid bloody challenge to make .
The game as a whole was a scrappy affair and I think we need to abandon the one up front long ball football , we only look like we are going to score from a set piece. And that is how we dod score after Turner misjudged the flight of the ball and Statham volleyed home at the back post

Here is the goal

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Barzey run his socks off today, but for goodness sake don't let him in our box. Thought until we scored, which the way the game was going, I thought that was highly unlikely, the game was an absolute shocker. Worst I've seen for a long time.
Barzey was a handful for them and the lads at the back looked comfortable. Farnborough were almost as bad as us as both teams seemed void of any idea how to score..
My first game and what a poor game it was.
More to say tomorrow but the back four were good and it wasn't until we scored did we look anything like a comfortable team. Nembhard won everything he went for and in my opinion was a motm candidate.
Beeney kept us in it and I couldn't see what all the fuss was about regarding his form.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Lennylenny

Post by Lennylenny »

How do u think players feel when they are singled out week after week? Team spirit must be at its lowest when u know any mistake u make will be singled out to save anyone looking at his own inadequacies on both recruiting, player management and now his view of a fans forum? He was brought in because he would use accademy , the bar , and unite the club, anybody see that? I do agree King wasn’t the man for dartford , but whoever offers Dowse a longer contract must of had a few newly browns
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I can’t listen to Dowse any more. Same old bollocks week after week. Three of us were in the away end and we just KNEW an equaliser was coming. I chose to watch Beeney today. He’s come in for some stick. I’m glad to say he had a great game and almost stopped the pen. MOTM for me. Blimey, we need to do some work or we’re oblivion!
Last edited by Sleightly Deceptive on Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spike

Post by Spike »

The hot weather was strength sapping and for the most part, it was a gruelling game to watch, with neither side threatening to score and precious little entertainment. The goal seemed to perk us up a bit and the last 15 mins were a little easier on the eye, especially after Lewis came on, but despite taking the lead and holding it deep into injury time, we still managed to throw it away with yet another colossal individual error. It seems our entire squad is taking it in turns to stuff up.

I feel for Beaney today, he took a bit of stick after the Bath game but after having very little to do for the entire game, kept his concentration and made what should have been a fantastic match winning save and he was desperately close with the penalty too. He deserved to be on the winning side.

These games are all very close and have all been winnable, but we have to stop making these stupid mistakes or we're really going to be in serious trouble.
Last edited by Spike on Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Mmmmmmmm, difficult to say how I feel. Will think long and hard so I don’t overreact but it’s tough right now.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Poor game but we were winning but you cant legislate for the actions of the "Clown " who deemed it necessary to push their player over when in no danger, Dowse says he was devastated , I can think of a better word to describe him !!!!!!!!

I think posters comments on Beeney, Block , Golding and Manor are fair with Statham also looking solid , the rest need to step up !!!!!

How I would love to see a 4 4 2 at home ??????????
rambo

Post by rambo »

Firstly I would say Beeney was my motm, he had a brilliant game and very unlucky with the pen. I said he he was weak letting in thd goals against bath but he had proved to me he is a good keeper
As for the other players less said the better. Dowse obviously believes the best way forward is to have a big powerful squad. I beg to differ as I feel you need to play football to succeed
No passing , no triangles, no movement, not enough width. But plenty of cumbersome giants all over the place.
I can accept that type of football if we win 1-0 every week but win 1 in 4 and we are a mid table team
The club has a responsibility to win of to play well. If we play badly the attendances will dwindle and we will be a nothing team
The one bright spark is that Dowse has a good record and there is no reason why he can’t replicate that for us. I would like to know what type of football he had coached elsewhere, if it is similar to what he is dishing up for us then we can kiss goodbye to any further progress
The ref particularly in the first half was appalling , in fact the worse I have seen at PP for many years. He was an absolute disgrace. He booked Dowse for what, can he understand what Dowse said because I can’t , maybe he used a four letter word that everyone understands. If he did and he directed it at the ref I don’t see how he can be booked for speaking the truth
rambo

Post by rambo »

Yes duke 442 or anything which commits more than one person in the top third
Our tactics are a joke and I am thoroughly pissed
Seen three home games and only the first half against Bath woke me from my slumber
rambo

Post by rambo »

Yes duke 442 or anything which commits more than one person in the top third
Our tactics are a joke and I am thoroughly pissed
Seen three home games and only the first half against Bath woke me from my slumber
rambo

Post by rambo »

Sorry I am so angry I. As m sending things twice
Bkev180

Post by Bkev180 »

Scrappy game did any team deserve a win nope
As for 1 up front just isn't working
But you can see the defence have no confidence in beeney and for a 6ft6 keeper of his build he should be commanding his box alot better
As for dowse saying we need a skipper to be heard sorry luke coulsen is quieter than bonner was
And why don't we leave 2 players up on half way line on there corners takes 3/4 of there players out of our box baffles me
But we move on cmon you darts
BrianL

Post by BrianL »

Others have summed it up well, so there's little else to add. So frustrating to throw away 2 points, when we were a minute or so from being 12th, and we were into injury time, given for Farnborough's time-wasting before we scored. Defence all very sound, and they must be so down seeing a forward coming into their territory to mess up.
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Bkev180 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:38 pm Scrappy game did any team deserve a win nope
As for 1 up front just isn't working
But you can see the defence have no confidence in beeney and for a 6ft6 keeper of his build he should be commanding his box alot better
As for dowse saying we need a skipper to be heard sorry luke coulsen is quieter than bonner was
And why don't we leave 2 players up on half way line on there corners takes 3/4 of there players out of our box baffles me
But we move on cmon you darts
Thought he was the man of the match today.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Poor game no doubt from two teams who both have realistic expectations of reaching the play offs, both managers will be disappointed with the performances as it was a very poor, low-quality game.

Still a hard earned point, everyone gave their all and there are signs we are moving in the right direction.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Lucky to make the playoffs with performance's of that calibre and well disappointed with the performance of Rooney in particular. I'm hoping he is behind with match fitness.
As for the critical post of Beeney, what match was he watching?😳
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Have to say that Beeney was easily our MOTM today he pulled off 2 or 3 superb saves to keep us in it and was so unlucky with the penalty.

What the hell was Barzey playing at, their forward was going absolutely no where with his back to go and Barzey just shoved him in the back for an undisputed penalty what an IDIOT.
He gets a straight red card Tuesday night then goes and gives a completely pathetic foul away to concede the penalty and lose us our first 3pts.

Today was definitely the best our back line have played so far in the first 4 games with one of them scoring.
Our midfield looked quite poor again today and very mis shaped, whether it was just because it was his first game but Rooney looked terrible and was all over the place with to many poor or miss placed passes. We looked more settled when Luke Allan came on.

Why oh why are we still only playing with 1 man up front, Harvey worked his socks off all game again but was never going to get any where when Farnborough’s back line seemed to be playing rugby more than football the way they was tackling and constantly going to ground with that bafoon of a referee giving us nothing and giving Harvey absolutely no protection at all.
We only looked stronger once Lewis came on to support Bradbury.

We’ve got to start going more attacking wise at home and playing football on that perfect pitch not playing long Hollywood balls into no man’s land or hoping that Harvey will win it and create something.

I think Dowse needs to stop worrying about what us idiots on the forum have to say and concentrate more on what his team are supposed to be doing out on the pitch because at present things aren’t looking good at all.
Last edited by The 5th Searcher on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KentC

Post by KentC »

Good post mate for me sums up some of the way I feel
Babylon

Post by Babylon »

My 1st game this season due to holidays.
Not impressed and even if we had won I would have said the same.
Dowse is a proven manager but if his budget means that we have an average squad for this league then what can he do?
A dull boring game between 2 ordinary teams at this level...instantly forgettable.
We are not relegation fodder imo but I honestly don't think that we will be bothering the play off candidate's either.
Mid table mediocrity is what I witnessed yesterday but hey this is football so who knows ?