Player news

Moderator: Gary C

KSTDART

Re: Player news

Post by KSTDART »

Seems he can play anywhere across the back line of even in midfield so very versatile
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Well Dowse is certainly bringing in some new faces this season and is definately building HIS team.

Looking good.
Harry

Post by Harry »

Very impressed with him last year, good player.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Rambo highlighted this guy a few weeks ago as " a man to get " and I looked up his web pedigree and it is impressive , IF he can develop with the Darts and have a great season then he really is [ potentially] one for a League career

Great signing by Dowse and with this squad we should shake up a few of the [ so called] big spenders ????

Looking forward to Saturday even more now !!!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Another very exciting signing and a defender who can play out from the back and chip in with some valuable goals too. Along with the long haired guy from Oxford, Baris was another stand out player for me last season. Welcome aboard.
rambo

Post by rambo »

The Duke wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:39 pm Rambo highlighted this guy a few weeks ago as " a man to get " and I looked up his web pedigree and it is impressive , IF he can develop with the Darts and have a great season then he really is [ potentially] one for a League career

Great signing by Dowse and with this squad we should shake up a few of the [ so called] big spenders ????

Looking forward to Saturday even more now !!!!
Wowzers what a signing Duke, dowse is really going for it

By the way Altin means gold in Turkish and Top is ball

So Baris is an actual Goldenballs 🤣
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

This looks another exceptional signing by Dowse. A player with experience and youth on his side and seemingly a much sought after one. Well done Dowse and welcome Baris
Things are beginning to look up and falling into place at the right time.
COYD's ⚽⚽😁
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Sheringham for captain?
M1 South

Post by M1 South »

I think Dowse said in his latest interview he wants a Skipper who can play 40+ games a season??
BRASSNECK

Post by BRASSNECK »

Dart Mark wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 11:22 am Sheringham for captain?
Club captain yes.
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

It needs someone in the middle of the park who is vocal. Charlie is certainly vocal and mature enough but there is a risk that he will not be a 40+ game man - much though I would like him to be.
COYD
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Jordan would be an excellent choice but tends to be a player who gets on with his game and says little. It's got to be one of the newbies coming in.. Maybe Baris or Joash? Who knows?🙈🙉🙊
DA Mikey

Post by DA Mikey »

rambo wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:24 pm So Baris is an actual Goldenballs 🤣
Nice one, immediate nickname :mrgreen:
Dart Mark

Post by Dart Mark »

Jordan could be a great choice. Watching from the side can definitely hear him communicating! Is there anyone who 'knows Dartford' and will play 40 games that is captain material?
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Tommy Block is my bet as Dowse says he is the best right back in the league , will play 40 + games , is aggressive and Dowse knows him from previous clubs , IF NOT then Rooney or Miller Rodney ????
LA Dart

Post by LA Dart »

Fred OLness wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 6:48 pm Yes Sheringham (injuries) and Wall (injuries and suspension) were two that missed a good few games.
So why repeat the scenario this season.
Charlie S has a long history of spending a lot of time on the treatment table.
Totally agree but Dartford have their favs and Charlie is one of them ! To have both Wall & him again this season is nuts, sorry but it is…youth and pace is what most clubs are looking for !
Sleightly Deceptive

Post by Sleightly Deceptive »

I was surprised LAST season with Wall and Sheringham’s signings. I just can’t get my head around this season! But if we’re gonna ‘stir it up’ a bit this season, and why not - then those two will mix it better than most. But we need depth to cope with any potential fall-out.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Ali Mansaray has signed for Cheshunt.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Good write up from Dowse in kentonline. I wonder if he's settled on Sammy being captain this season? I think it could be a very good decision.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

I think Charlie Sheringham would make a good club captain. Like Tom Bonner he's been around long enough and knows the club inside out.
Infact, I believe he was happy to accept a wage cut a few seasons ago.
He's here because he wants to be and buys into what the club is about.
He's a good guy to have around the place. And even though he may not play every game, with his enthusiasm and vocal presence, Dowse could do a lot worse than have him alongside him in the dugout, giving encouragement along with the rest of the excellent coaching team.
Dowse will still need to appoint a Field Marshall, who will be the first name on the team sheet.
Which I'm sure is the main reason for this weekend's bonding session.
I believe the lads have been invited along to the Gateshead v Newcastle game too.