Pre season friendly Dartford v Charlton Sat 8 July 2023

KSTDART

Re: Pre season friendly Dartford v Charlton Sat 8 July 2023

Post by KSTDART »

An very good run out against a league side , certainly lots of positives to take from it . Barzey was fantastic when he came on , plenty of pace and puts in a decent cross .

Rixsto

Post by Rixsto »

Thought the team done really well today, kept competitive the whole game just lost focus for them 2 quick goals but other than that a great first run out against a strong side
Saladfingers

Post by Saladfingers »

Decent run out most of the new guys looked pretty tidy tbf. I think we'll be a solid outfit this year and once we start to gel we will be there or thereabouts .....very encouraging
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Usual stuff for a friendly, players getting important minutes and not too bad a game.
We looked organised and solid but always difficult to gauge anything in these games.
However I saw some promising signs.
Miller-Rodney 1st half and Barzey second half pick of the bunch for me......so far 😀😀

COYD
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Rixsto

Post by Rixsto »

Anybody else notice Nathan collier at the start of the game with Martin Tyler and Co, maybe looking at getting into coaching?
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

No Mark, God forbid getting another player like Noble in. I mean, what did HE ever do for Dartford?
I suppose we're lucky we haven't got Bath city next week.😏. We do have time to sort these things out.
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Sorry, I meant Rixto 🤭
LA Dart

Post by LA Dart »

What are you talking about ??
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

Very good question LA. I was right first time, commenting on Mark's post re Rooney's sending off. 🤭
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Lars Resort wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:51 pm Very good question LA. I was right first time, commenting on Mark's post re Rooney's sending off. 🤭
What part of my post do you disagree with?

I understand we need players to show they care, but you can't go around throwing punches (if that is what happened, as i said I only read a comment on twitter)

If that happens during the season it'll result in suspensions, fines and points dropped which certainly doesn't help us.

On a side note did I hear correctly in the interview that Dowse tried to bring Lee Noble back temporarily. Now that would've been something!!
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

Mark Sweet wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:05 pm On a side note did I hear correctly in the interview that Dowse tried to bring Lee Noble back temporarily.
I heard that too on 3 mins 15 secs.
Ajaxman DFC

Post by Ajaxman DFC »

Lee Noble will be back tomorrow.
Temporarily.
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

Typical pre-season [friendly ?] game that I go to every year but never really enthralls me , and today game was no different , the 1st half 11 were better than the 2nd half 11 except I would have liked to have seen either Manor or Bradbury alongside Wall , Herschell but for one very good chance was largely ineffective
Didnt really care IF we won or not but was impressed with ALL of the new signings who played 1st half with the " venom " we lacked last season with Miller Rodney standing out , I liked Bazey,s 2nd half performance , a while since we have had a tricky , pacy winger and his cross for the goal was very good and loved seeing Lewis Manor score near the back post , from a yard out , where ALL good strikers should be !!!!

I didnt see the Rooney incident but the Ref did , so I hope its a "one of " for Rooney as its a tough league and we will NOT win many games with 10 men ??
With Dowse taking the Guys to Newcastle followed by holidays I will not see another game until Billericay on Saturday 29th July but after today I am very optimistic that this will be treated as a serious game and we look to have a strong squad and hopefully Dowse will start with his strongest 11
Watling Man

Post by Watling Man »

Rixsto wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 6:25 pm Anybody else notice Nathan collier at the start of the game with Martin Tyler and Co, maybe looking at getting into coaching?
Yea, he said he was now a scout for Stoke City
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I don't think I was disagreeing with anything you said Mark. Yes, we have to sort out the fiery aspect of a player and I'm sure Dowse will do that.
All I said was having someone with that temperament similar to Lee's is not such a bad thing for the club.
I just got confused with who I was answering. I had had three Proper Jobs at that point..
Lars Resort

Post by Lars Resort »

I find on any social media that English is an adequate tongue to be misunderstood. My wife says she speaks better English than me so maybe I should run everything through her before posting. Plus, she doesn't drink.😵
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Lewis is a big guy ain't he? Mitch Beeney made some good saves first half and the ball stuck on occasions when he could have easily spilled it.