Dowse Pre Season Interview - 26/06/23

Park Life

Dowse Pre Season Interview - 26/06/23

Post by Park Life »

The Duke

Re: Dowse Pre Season Interview - 26/06/23

Post by The Duke »

Suprised at no response to this but maybe cause its tucked away from main stream forum and aint been spotted yet , my thoughts are that providing we have a squad who want to play for us and NOT chasing the big money [ they can f...k of elsewhere ] its teams than win/ get promoted NOT players who aint in it for real !!!!

So far 6 decent players to go with last seasons retained so a good start , Dowse needs to add to it and we will be challenging near the top

I have just bought a season ticket [ not sure I was going to earlier] believing we will see a decent , hard working , quality side this season !!!!!!!!!!!
Jonty

Post by Jonty »

Its a shame that another good thread has been overlooked.

Not for the first time, Dowse has given what I would call a 50/50 interview. 50% Positive, 50% negative but its the negative bit that sticks in my mind. I would like to know the 13/14 clubs in the division that supposedly have a bigger playing budget than us.
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

Jonty wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:14 pm Its a shame that another good thread has been overlooked.

Not for the first time, Dowse has given what I would call a 50/50 interview. 50% Positive, 50% negative but its the negative bit that sticks in my mind. I would like to know the 13/14 clubs in the division that supposedly have a bigger playing budget than us.
I know exactly how you feel mate and trust me, we are not alone.
Spike

Post by Spike »

I agree Jonty. Dowse's interviews are a bit demoralising as to hear him talk you'd think we'd do well to finish halfway. He did some great things llast season, restoring harmony at the club, reconnecting with the academy and achieving the runner-up spot despite the late start. Tactically he was very astute and his substitutions were very effective. However, these pre-season interviews have been a bit depressing and uninspiring. I just wish he could refrain from constantly bemoaning the budget and talking up all these other "big" clubs as to me, it comes across as though he doesn't believe we can compete with them and is paving the way for a disappointing season.
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Personally I'd rather an honest and open manager, which we have in Dowse, than one that says the wrong things just to please people. I think the majority of us are under no illusion anyway that we are a way off certain clubs in this league especially those running the Full Time model. Should that be the case? Probably not. We have the facilities and the attendance figures to be able to establish ourselves at the next level. But the reality is that we aren't there for whatever reason and there are teams in this league that are spending above and beyond what we want to/can spend in order to get there.

I'm sure the budget made available is with the sustainability of the club in mind. Remember when Billericay threw money at the league a few seasons ago, look at where that has got them. Will the same happen to Eastbourne who seem to be spending a lot of money or will they be able to do a Luton Town esque rise up the leagues? Only time will tell.

Am I slightly worried about our lack of signings, especially in defence? Yes.
Am I confident that once the first game rolls around Dowse will have had chance to assess any pre season trialists and also be made aware of any loan reinforcements that become available? Absolutely.
rick
Site Admin

Post by rick »

The Duke wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:55 am Suprised at no response to this but maybe cause its tucked away from main stream forum and aint been spotted yet
Why not just use the "New posts" option under Quick links (3 horizontal bars) (top left) once you are signed in?
"New posts" are posts that are new since your last visit. Then you won't miss anything.

new-posts.jpg
new-posts.jpg (7.92 KiB) Viewed 289 times