Player news

Moderator: Gary C

Harry

Re: Player news

Post by Harry »

Welcome to Lewis, a welcome addition to the squad.

Echo the comments from others, we have let go an outstanding goalkeeper in Wilks, I was amazed he did not go and play in a higher level when we re signed him last season.

Definitely one of the best keepers we have had in the last twenty years in my opinion, I can only think of Marcus B, as a rival. However I hope Ben proves me wrong, if of course he re -signs.
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

New blood at last. Looks a good signing
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Just watched the highlights of the Concord match to see Lewis in action. Big guy, who didn't have to do a lot to score against us that night. Still, he looks okay as long as he stays clear of injury. But seeing the defending on the second and third goals I say to Dowse, more quality defenders please. Also, the way Ben was flapping around that night, has Dowse done the right thing in letting Dan slip the net? We shall see.
If we manage to get Ben to sign on for next season all well and good, as long as he doesn't play a lot of games similar to that night. If we don't get him the search will be interesting to see who we do get between the sticks. :? Cos there's not a lot of Julians or Bettinelli's out there, or come to that Wilks.
rambo

Post by rambo »

Whoever we sign to play up front I really hope we retain Charlie as there is always room for class
Any striker playing for us can learn from Charlie
His movement is a joy to watch
I am not knocking Harvey but just say that when a ball is played into space Harvey reacts too slow and rarely runs onto the ball successfully
There is no reason why any striker at this level cannot learn from Charlie
And dare I say it Charlie is a manager in the making
The Duke

Post by The Duke »

I agree with Rambo's comments on Charlie Sheringham and can see him in an impact striker role as he still has the class but maybe not for 46 games , as for Lewis he is 31 and played all his time at a lower level than NLS but he says its a dream move to a bigger Club and he will be hungry to do well , lets hope he stays injury free and able to play the majority of the 46+ games , Tony Burman had a great track record of getting [ hungry] players from[ at least] a league below eg Hayes , Burns, Noble etc and look how well that turned out

One thing for sure IF Lewis gives 100% alongside Harvey and the goals flow then PP could rock !!!!!!!!!!!!
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Harvey has signed. Fantastic news.

The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

Fantastic news that’s Dowse’s biggest signing so far, absolutely over the moon with this signing.

Welcome back Harvey
Park Life

Post by Park Life »

That is very very good news, welcome back Harvey.
Taunton Dart

Post by Taunton Dart »

Really good news - Dorchester have just announced that Harvey has left them and wish him all the best for his step up a level.
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Fantastic signing getting Harvey on board

I see Napa has signed for Billericay

M1 South

Post by M1 South »

How his Parents never christened him Ayia I’ll never know?
The 5th Searcher

Post by The 5th Searcher »

He’s not a loss at all, he didn’t do anything to impress at all whilst with us considering he came from the league above.
It shows his standard when he’s dropped a level to play regular football.
The Futures White

Post by The Futures White »

Cameron Brodie has announced that he has left the club.

Russyb63

Post by Russyb63 »

Great to see we signed Harvey on a permanent contract , impressed with him last season , always put in a shift . Top signing in my eyes . 🎯🎯🎯
ozymandias

Post by ozymandias »

Shame about Cameron. All the hype about one of the first to sign last summer under Dowse. Never got the chance.
All the best Cameron for your next season and beyond. ;)
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Maxwell stays! Love this, he’s going places (but not just yet!)
Mark Sweet

Post by Mark Sweet »

Another player I'm happy to see stay. A very good season last year and can definitely build on that

My main concern at the moment is we have no news on Bonner or Samir. I'd have thought those would've been the first two to get confirmed.
DA1

Post by DA1 »

Mark Sweet wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:35 pm My main concern at the moment is we have no news on Bonner or Samir. I'd have thought those would've been the first two to get confirmed.
Unsure on Samir but Bonner is currently away on holiday.
SKennedyDFC

Post by SKennedyDFC »

Mark Sweet wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:35 pm Another player I'm happy to see stay. A very good season last year and can definitely build on that

My main concern at the moment is we have no news on Bonner or Samir. I'd have thought those would've been the first two to get confirmed.
Might be ok regarding Bonner. Think he was pictured (with Ronnie Vint) on Bradley Dack's stag-do... So likely to be out of the country at the moment
JCJ

Post by JCJ »

Glad Max is staying, think he got caught away a few times last season but he is only young and I'm sure he will learn,

No news on these players either unless I missed something,
Tom Bonner
Samir
Luke C
Jenade Meade
Ben D
Luke Allen
Conner Essam
Kieran M
Alex Wall
Charlie S
Pierre F
Bobby Dunn (Not sure if he was a loan player)
Jack Smith (been released Stevenage maybe we could sign him)
M Adebowale (Not sure if he was a loan player
R. Chin (Be nice if we can get him on loan for the season.)